Silvia or Saeco?

bluecoffee

Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
OK, Rancillo Silvia or Saeco Expresso Classico Black, SS, Gran Crema, magic capuccino or Via veneto, which one you will recommend me? :?
I want a good espresso and capuccino in my home!

LLHenthorn

Sep 11, 2004
Little Rock, AR
Visit site
From your choices.. Silvia. She is not the best out there, but among your choices will make the best espresso. She will also steam better (not great) than the others. At the same price point as the Saecos, consider similarly priced Gaggias. Non-pressurized PF, but requires a real tamper.

You will need a decent grinder, no matter what.

Larry

singforsupper

Mar 18, 2005
Visit site
4 years experience with Saeco Classico

I have been using a Saeco Classico for four years. IF you are considering a sylvia I suggest you consider the Classico. You can begin making coffee with the presurized portatilter. It's good for newbies. Then get their regular "professional" PF. At that point you have essentially a Sylvia. Same brew temp. Same pump preasure. Slightly longer steam time but quicker recovery from steam to brew and brew/steam. PLUS the Classico costs about $225 less.

bluecoffee

Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Thank you so much!
I really would like the Silvia, but I'm considering the Cimballi Domus too because Cimballi have a distribuitor in my country and Rancillo Silvia not. I was reading about the Domus and have a good rating. What do you think? The price here is about $1400+ Tax and the distribuitor include me the grinder. And if I buy a Silvia, I have to buy the grinder and pay for the shipment. I really want my machine because I learned how to make an espresso, capuccino, etc. and I want to practice and have a good coffee in my house, expensive hobby but I love coffee, what can I do!!! :lol:
Thank you again.