Simonelli Prontobar Settings

AutoBarista

Sep 21, 2021
Canada
Visit site
Hi All,

I inherited a Prontobar and have fallen in love with it. I haven't completely stripped it yet, but I've taken apart most of the components located at the front of the machine for cleaning an replacement where necessary. I've also spent weeks perfecting the settings. I wouldn't say it is perfect, but I will say it is now making amazing espresso without issue.

I have two issues remaining, that might be related:

1) There is a setting called Group Settings (different for Groups 1 and 2) that apparently relates to the gear that raises and lowers the group piston. What are the defaults for this setting? Mine is currently on 95 for group 1 and 190 for group 2. The manual says you shouldn't touch these settings unless you replace the gear.

2) When the piston moves up and down the machine makes a loud 'rubbing' noise like a part is rattling or not lubricated properly. I am worried that I am unnecessarily wearing out parts every time I use the machine, and that the issue may be related to the Group Setting above. I've ordered a bunch of spare O-rings and will be taking the piston and gear assembly apart to clean and lubricate but this obviously won't help if it is a setting issue.

I'm really hoping that at the very least somebody here knows more about the group settings, and what the factory defaults are.

TIA!

AB