Single Serving Brewers

Declen

Oct 21, 2006
Rockford, IL USA
Visit site
Hello,
I am spending a fortune at the local cafes for one cup a day. My schedule is too busy for a complicated or temperamental machine. What I would like is to be able to use a machine for a single serving, with my own coffee, and without a complicated setup. Any suggestions?

Oh... and my kitchen resembles a sailboat galley, so space is limited.

THANK YOU!!!

Keurig B40 or B-50. The best single cup I've tried. I've given 6 or 7 of them away to friends and family. Always a big hit.

I have a Senseo, but I don't use it. I like the look of the machine, but the coffee is kinda mediocre. My 16 year old nephew tied together two balloons and taped them to the Senseo under the brew head. It looks like a limp dick. Okay, I take it back. I used to like the look of the Senseo. Thanks Luke, ya little prick.

That Tassimo is probably going to be too big for your kitchen and the per cup costs run high. I think they are higher than Keurig, but not sure what kind of deals you could get. The machine was a lot more expensive, but you can make espresso based drinks or something like them.

Nespresso looks cool, but last I checked there was not a big selection. And the pods are so small it is a wonder there is any body t the brewed coffeee.

HomeCafe has the same problem as Senseo, but without the advantage of good looks.

Flavia is convenient, but there is something about putting a little plastic bag in a coffee machine that never really felt like brewing coffee. It tastes better than Senseo but not as good as Keurig.

Alice2

Nov 18, 2006
Visit site
The "my own coffee" part was what I was seeking in a single serve brewer. After an astonishing waste of money buying botha Keurig and a Bunn (Keurigs ARE great, however~!) I found the Bunn My Cafe pod brewer is the best single-serve choice for using your own coffee. Make your pods with size #2 T-Sacs, fold them up, tuck in the corners, and stick them in there!

The Keurig has an adaptor you can purchase for your own coffee but it is sloppy and time-consuming compared to the home-made pod method.

I just got back from visiting a friend who had a 'use your own' insert for the Keurig. It was a lot easier and less messy than I thought. There is a trick, though, and that is getting the right grind. Normal pre-ground coffee is too coarse and you don't get much body. A finer grind turns out a great cup of coffee - at the 10 to 16 cents a cup you're used to with good coffee bought by the pound/bag.

shikinr

Nov 8, 2006
Singapore
Visit site
perfect for you

hey declen,

its true that you shouldn't spend a lot on coffee and it is a good investment to get a coffee maker.

I found this Black and Decker Brew n' Go coffeemaker with travel mug and it has received great customer reviews. it is great for you because the machine is pretty slim and the travel mug is convenient for you to just get up and running.

hope u liked my suggestion.

meg_wlu

Nov 27, 2006
Visit site
that is the exact model that I ahve right now. The Black and Decker Brew and Go. It was only $10 at Wal-mart! However, it is only an 800 Watt heater so the water doesn't get heated as hot as I think it needs to be. It is very convenient since you can use either the permanent filter or you can use #2 paper filters. Does anyone know anything more about whether this model heats the water enough to brew properly?