small batch

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
O.k. here it is...I have a 60 kilo Ambex. I had an order for 17 lbs of a decaf coffee....the least amount I have roasted was 40 lbs....so I did a batch of 20 lbs (shrunk down to 17.5lbs)and it came out perfect..I was shocked that it came out even...no tipping...I think I will try 15 lbs tomorrow...and then maybe 10 lbs...but doubt the 10 lb batch will work...wow I have .5 lbs left over....so I can taste it :wink: cuz I heard someone say you should taste everything you serve :oops:

BeanGrinder

Aug 11, 2004
North Georgia, USA
Visit site
Also keep in mind that decaf roasts differently than regular. You'll want to play around with some reg beans to see how the proportions work. I'd like to hear how it turns out.

My fire station is STILL under construction - the contractor tells me he's going to finish this week. Yeah, right. I can't believe we're a month behind schedule...he didn't have that much to do! I'm really getting angry - we're into holiday sales time here and I need to be open, selling coffee and taking gift basket orders. Anyway, I'll keep you posted. It's going to be cool - you'll definitely want to hop the bike and make a trek up here.

-Steve

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I'll be there!!! I have already doubled the milage on my bike....4500 miles in a month and a half!! But its getting cold..so I thin this weekend will be my last trip to Tampa on it this year.