So... we opened!

AJPRATT

Mar 7, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
Visit site
We opened our store on Feb. 4th and needless to say things have been pretty hectic. I'm sure some of the "usual" problems others experience, plus a couple of new ones. We are slowly building up business and already have quite a few regulars. Of course, the numbers are not where we want to be, but they are growing. Funny thing, we've already even been taunted by some snotty a$$ Sbux employees. I made her a Chai latte and then she asked what kind of powder we used. He he. Powder? No powder. Of course, some sbux people have been in and have just been super. Some crazy things: We lost water for a half hour last week and electric this morning for about an hour.

Employees: I have terminated two employees already, but for the most part, I have been extremely fortunate with my staff. I was sick last week and came in, opened the store, and passed out on a couch in the back. I didn't really have much of a choice, but that's how we survived. They kept everything running for me--almost better without me! LOL I have couple who just really stand out, but as a whole, they are great. I am looking for a few more for when we get busy to see how they fit in the dynamic.

I just wanted to give everyone an update! I have some pics on my blog. I hope everyone is doing well!

I also have to be careful what I say because I know some employees have "found" me here. I feel so violated! LOL

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
I sometimes wonder if any of my customers find me in here.
They'd say "what a goofball!". LOL. Oh well.

Hey Anne, check your mail tomorrow for a big box of awesome biscotti from yours truly.
They're already set up for retail, you know bar codes and all the pesky legal stuff.
:D
Good luck!!!!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
CONGRATS!!! Wish I could come check it out..maybe the next show that is your in your area I will push my way to work it and check out our shop :wink: