Some of my art

davidr88

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, I don't think i have posted here yet and its been a while since i joined so i thought i would share some of my art.
All of it was done on a Gaggia Classic using whole milk and either square mile, Has Bean or Vergnano beans. I've been a home barista for for about 7-8 months now and I've just applied to a couple cafes here to hopefully get a job in coffee. I don't focus on art at all, I would much rather have a great tasting ugly coffee then a pretty but bland or bitter coffee.

1) 6oz bowl rosetta
rosettabowl.jpg

2) 8oz flower (tulip but with etched top)
daisy.jpg

3) 8oz wide rosetta
nicewiderosetta.jpg

4) 6oz wave heart
waveheart11-5gd.jpg

5) 6oz wave rosetta (ish)
10052009809.jpg

6) And one of my fav pours. this is a rosetta in a dragon fruit. 3oz with 1oz espresso shot
dragonfruitrosetta.jpg

Let me know what you think, favorite pour?

Thanks guys.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Wow, Davidr88!

So, you say you're someone who doesn't focus on latte art? That's really great looking stuff for someone who doesn't focus on art. Just imagine what you could do it you put your mind to it! :wink:

Your first photo of the 6 oz bowl rosetta caught my eye.

Geez....Now I'm craving a latte and a biscotti!

Rose

davidr88

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
PinkRose said:
Wow, Davidr88!
So, you say you're someone who doesn't focus on latte art? That's really great looking stuff for someone who doesn't focus on art. Just imagine what you could do it you put your mind to it! :wink:
I picked it up quite quickly I think, the main thing to remember is to not rush the pour. many people wiggle the jugleft and right like they are trying to start a fire, haha
A good example of a smooth, slow pour - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKobA3wm3kc

But thanks, im glad you like it :)
I've ordered a Expobar Brewtus 3 to replace the Gaggia Classic so there will be plenty more pics on the way.

Jezza

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You're very good. I like your first pic the most. Im getting my milk sort of good with the micro bubbles, but always have this big ball of foam in the centre when Im ready to pour. I start to get a pattern and then plop, its over. Any advise?