Splitting a bag of green coffee

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Method of payment would be a credit card from the website.

I would say 5-10 lbs would be the minimum. I wouldn't want to split a 132 lb bag of coffee into 1lb increments. There would be no maximum. If you want to order 5 different varieties in 100lb increments that is up to you. I would be happy to palletize it and get you a quote on freight charges.

Even at 20-25 pound minimum per order and 10 pound should be the smallest bag.
I think anything smaller will be added cost for your extra time. Maybe dollar per pound more but limiting would not be good idea. This will ultimately help person who is preparing the shipping for their extra time and I think home roasters can still benefit buying at beans much cheaper then SweetMaria or other small quantity sellers.

Just my opinion.

Lets get this started.......

BuzzRoaster

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm working on the website now. There will be an offering page that will have two options. In stock coffee, and coffee that the group may be interested in based on general consensus. The in stock coffee can be purchased as normal.

If there is a coffee everybody wants but is not in stock but available from various importers it will be posted on the offering page. You can select how much you intend to purchase and you will be able to see how much coffee remains before a full bag is reached. To give you an idea of its functionality it will be similar to a kickstarter campaign where there is a defined goal and the remaining amount needed to reach that goal. If the full bag is reached an order will be placed with the importer and it will be shipped with my normal monthly order to save on freight.

If there is great interest in a specific origin then additional bags will be added depending on it's availability. If we are short of a full bag, but close, before it's time to place my normal order I may just order it anyway and keep the balance of that bag and put it into stock.

Hopefully I will have a beta version of the website up soon. If you want, you can PM me with an email so I can keep you updated on the progress.