Starting a new business of Coffee regarding export and import

AdiSe1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Dear respected people of coffee lovers,

This is my first post in the coffee forum, and I am really new and beginner in this forum, so I am sorry if there are a lot of mistakes in my post.
I would like to ask few questions regarding a business of coffee export and import.
My background is that I am a fresh graduate from one of the University in the Netherlands, unfortunately, I'm not European, I'm an expat that comes from Indonesia. As I just finished my bachelor, currently I am trying to find a master degree and a job (whichever occur first).
My family in Indonesia, on the other hand, is currently trying to set up a business that deals with the trading of coffee. We focused mostly on the Arabica type that comes from all around Indonesia, whether it's in Aceh or Kalimantan Island, or even Bali. And we are even planning to not only focus on the roasted beans but also its green beans and also the powder.
We will try to ship the coffee to the European market. The problem is that we really never did a trading business before, especially in export and import of coffee. Would the European market so welcoming to Indonesian coffee beans?

I cannot say much in my first post, I will provide you with more details if you have some questions, but I would also like a feedback, lots of feedback probably, and also some tips if you have ever experienced in this kind of business, trading (export and import from your home country to another).
Thank you very much if you would get back to me.

MaryBlen

Mar 30, 2021
Visit site
Dear respected people of coffee lovers,

This is my first post in the coffee forum, and I am really new and beginner in this forum, so I am sorry if there are a lot of mistakes in my post.
I would like to ask few questions regarding a business of coffee export and import.
My background is that I am a fresh graduate from one of the University in the Netherlands, unfortunately, I'm not European, I'm an expat that comes from Indonesia. As I just finished my bachelor, currently I am trying to find a master degree and a job (whichever occur first).
My family in Indonesia, on the other hand, is currently trying to set up a business that deals with the trading of coffee. We focused mostly on the Arabica type that comes from all around Indonesia, whether it's in Aceh or Kalimantan Island, or even Bali. And we are even planning to not only focus on the roasted beans but also its green beans and also the powder.
We will try to ship the coffee to the European market. The problem is that we really never did a trading business before, especially in export and import of coffee. Would the European market so welcoming to Indonesian coffee beans?

I cannot say much in my first post, I will provide you with more details if you have some questions, but I would also like a feedback, lots of feedback probably, and also some tips if you have ever experienced in this kind of business, trading (export and import from your home country to another).
Thank you very much if you would get back to me.
As for me, trading in any area is similar. Trading coffee is like forex trading. You need to have devices, knowledge and, mostly, assistant that is ready to lead you along the troubles connected with the activities. Like forex broker in this type of trading. That will be your best friend and may be the one that is interested in your profit at all.

Latest posts