Starting your coffee shop

sophiagarcia

Dec 29, 2020
Visit site
Hi. What are some of the measures that you are taken to ensure the success of your coffee shop business? I am currently taking the class from The Cafe Academy So that I can learn everything that I need to know as far as growing my coffee shop and being able to write my business plan. What are some of the challenges that you are facing when growing your coffee shop? And how do you go about solving it.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
I have a coffee shop. It's in my house. I have a very select clientele. Me. In order to ensure that my clientele are happy I have invested to provide three five different coffee brewing methods. French Press. Moka Pot. Keurig. Drip. Percolator. I haven't been able to justify the expenditure of funds needed to provide espresso but I hope to correct that oversight this coming year. Obviously I'm kidding about having a coffee shop. Everything else is true though.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi. What are some of the measures that you are taken to ensure the success of your coffee shop business? I am currently taking the class from The Cafe Academy So that I can learn everything that I need to know as far as growing my coffee shop and being able to write my business plan. What are some of the challenges that you are facing when growing your coffee shop? And how do you go about solving it.

Does i seem that the class from The Cafe Academy is worth the price? Are you learning things that are useful for your business?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I have a coffee shop. It's in my house. I have a very select clientele. Me. In order to ensure that my clientele are happy I have invested to provide three five different coffee brewing methods. French Press. Moka Pot. Keurig. Drip. Percolator. I haven't been able to justify the expenditure of funds needed to provide espresso but I hope to correct that oversight this coming year. Obviously I'm kidding about having a coffee shop. Everything else is true though.

That was entertaining! Your best customer is you ! That's all that counts.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
That was entertaining! Your best customer is you ! That's all that counts.

I'm glad I could provide a bit of entertainment. Now I just have to stop breaking my french press carafes. I realize that I could just as easily buy a stainless steel one but I just like being able to see the coffee as it's brewing. Costly for sure. I had been careful the last year but the other day I broke one. I now realize I have two presses that don't have a carafe. So I'm planning on buying two and a third as a spare. Maybe while I'm at it I'll buy a stainless one to try out and see if I like it.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I'm glad I could provide a bit of entertainment. Now I just have to stop breaking my french press carafes. I realize that I could just as easily buy a stainless steel one but I just like being able to see the coffee as it's brewing. Costly for sure. I had been careful the last year but the other day I broke one. I now realize I have two presses that don't have a carafe. So I'm planning on buying two and a third as a spare. Maybe while I'm at it I'll buy a stainless one to try out and see if I like it.

Have you tried doing a Google search for French press replacement parts? A lot of possibilities came up when I tried it. I don't know what brand you have, but it's possible you can find replacement carafes for the broken ones.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
Have you tried doing a Google search for French press replacement parts? A lot of possibilities came up when I tried it. I don't know what brand you have, but it's possible you can find replacement carafes for the broken ones.

Of course. I've broken many carafes over the years. I was looking for something that wouldn't be breakable. In the end I just bought two more glass carafe replacement beakers. Should be here any day now. In the meantime I have been using the Bialetti Moka Pot.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Of course. I've broken many carafes over the years. I was looking for something that wouldn't be breakable. In the end I just bought two more glass carafe replacement beakers. Should be here any day now. In the meantime I have been using the Bialetti Moka Pot.

Were the replacement carafes expensive? Sometimes the replacement parts cost more than buying a whole new item.