Steaming Milk Help! Small bubbles when the steamer is turned on

OctagonCoffee

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
So I like to drink cappuccino or latte at home, but I don't have money for buying espresso machine so I am making them using Bialetti Moka Pot and Bellman Stovetop Steamer. I have been working with the steamer for about a month, and a lot of time, I experienced having many tiny bubbles in the milk when I was steaming. When I turned on the steamer with steam wand in the milk, there are a lot of small bubbles coming out from the steam wand, and those bubbles caused the foam expand way more than I want it to be, also bubbles remained at the center of the whirlpool and never disappeared. However, I also had the day with no bubbles coming out the steam wand making a good steamed milk. I am trying to figure out why this is happening but I still don't know why. Is this common for Bellman Steamer? or this can happen with the professional milk steamer? What is the way to solve this problem? Thank you.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I have no clue what a Bellman Steamer is, but it could be the device isn't capable of decent pressure, your technique or simply the milk you're using. Having said that, have you tried different milk? I've seen lots of variation in different brands of the same milk (fat content).

OctagonCoffee

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I have no clue what a Bellman Steamer is, but it could be the device isn't capable of decent pressure, your technique or simply the milk you're using. Having said that, have you tried different milk? I've seen lots of variation in different brands of the same milk (fat content).
Thank you for the reply. I have never tried other brand's milk, but I have made pretty good microfoam few times with the milk I have been using. Perhaps I am going to try other brand next time and see what happens. By the way, I saw a guy on youtube made a good microfoam with bellman stovetop steamer. (they don't allow me to post a link...)