Suggested retail items?

AJPRATT

Mar 7, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
Visit site
I want to offer a small retail area for our customers. I was thinking of mugs, presses, tea accessories and of course, beans... but I was wondering what else you might suggest, or suggest that I not carry. Of course, every sales rep you talk to, their item is the best and you have to have, so I was hoping to get some insight.

(This is not regarding holiday items, just regular, everyday retail items to get us open until we see what works for us.)

AJPRATT

Mar 7, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
Visit site
Hey, NW: I was thinking of "my" beans for sale, in the sealed, one way valve bags.

Kiwi: I have seen some places have that. I'd love to do it if I have the room... time will tell. :roll:

Anne I'm just thinking that if you don't sell the sealed bags they can go stale. Also you have to stay on-top of the shelved inventory. If you would plan on using the coffee that didn't sell, that would be alot of wasted bags an/or you would be using possibly stale coffee. Your stock will always be fresh so using it is the bestest way. Of course this comes for me as roaster that only makes sure that my customer only have enough inventory for at the most two weeks. every time I see bags full of coffe on a shelf; I wounder how much the manager knows about the freshness of that bag(s). On the other hand: Alot of people retail coffee in bags, on shelves, and That's o.k for them. Just something I wouldn't do.

ElPugDiablo

If you have the room and are willing to carry the inventory and are willing to work on thin margin, burr grinders and Technivorms.

I have a small section where I have bagged beans for sale. They are all dated and pulled and brewed if they are not sold within one week. We average about 2 or 3 bags per week that are pulled. The cost of a few bags is something I am perfectly willing to absorb.

Oh, we sell this tin sign. It's about 16"Wx12.5"H

XL1425.jpg

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
I always look for mugs. Souvenir type items. If you're in a touristy area like I am, customers love it.
It would be nice to see some "Pratt's Hill Of Beans" mugs, add "Brewed In New Jersey", for example (sounds cheesy, I know).

Heidi

Nov 9, 2007
Iceland
Visit site
We stock travel mugs, French press, Mokka Express, coffee beans (we get them fresh from our roaster, and they sell pretty fast), teas, CD's (putomayo) and some of the cafe's also sell cups and dishes.

Travel Mugs are always a hit, just choice a brand that makes mugs that last.

CoffeeShopPromos

Dec 27, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Visit site
Printed Travel Mugs

We specialize in printed travel mugs. Of all the coffee shops we work with the travel tumblers are among their best sellers. Not only do they add to the bottom line profits, but they give you FREE Coffee Shop Advertising and some other great benefits. You can read the full article "5 Reasons to Sell Travel Mugs in Your Coffee Shop" by visiting our home page.