Suggestions Please: Searching for new or "cool looking" coffee urns

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has seen any new or cool coffee urns. We use the Wilbur Curtis 1 gallon pots with the timer tops. My boss hates them. I think they look super clean. The problem I have with them is the timers. They break pretty easily. My boss said he is looking for "COOL" sigh. If you have seen anything unique.
TFT1G.jpg

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Topher,

Did your boss say why he hates the Wilbur Curtis 1 gallon urns with the timer tops? Does the style, size, or color bother him? Although you have a problem with the timers breaking, that coffee urn certainly looks clean and neat - like it should.

Did he give you an idea what he means by "cool" ???

Maybe something shaped like a red fire hydrant or rocket ship, or something like that?

Just wondering.

Rose

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I have seen almost everything out there. The industry standard is pretty much all the same. It is what is and he hasn't asked so I am going to continue to roast coffee ;)

JoeConiglioArmenia

Nov 10, 2017
NYC
Visit site
lol sounds good hope for your sake it doesn't come up again, like you said there isn't much variation in the industry, nor a need for such I believe. I have seen some shops in the past have a carpenter or such build a case that "Houses" the ern and a door with the shop logo/art/coffee type etc that encases the ern. I know you couldn't care less about this topic raised by the big guy BUT just an idea in the future if it comes back to life.

Have a great weekend

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Would be nice to have custom housing..but with 20 locations and 10 urns per store would get pricey and counter space is tight. ;)

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
We have used custom skinz and they are a great option...but some like the clean look of the silver. I can't win for losing ;)