Sydney's Not My Real Name

Sydney

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello Coffee Experts (I hope). My name is not really Sydney, but I have a good reason for using that name in this forum. I drink a lot of coffee but I'm definitely not a connoisseur (had to look up the spelling of that). I wolf down a few cups a day to help me stay awake at work. I take the typical American stuff like Starbucks and Coffeebean, plus I've started making my own in a small Mr. Coffee machine. I'm searching for a better cup of coffee. The best I've ever had was in Australia a few years ago. Not sure why but the coffee in the Sydney cafes was much better (to me) than anything I get in Los Angeles. Hell - even the coffee at the Holiday Inn in Surfer's Paradise was noticeably better than what I get here. I've been trying different coffees, but haven't yet found something as pleasing as what I had down under. Is it because I'm using a cheapo Mr. Coffee machine? Is it because I put CoffeeMate in it? Am I drowning out the taste of the coffee? I don't think I like strong coffee in the sense that it has a lot of caffeine in it. I definitely don't like coffees that are heavily roasted. Thing is - I'm not sure what I do like. Maybe I have to make another trip to Australia to find out? Thanks for any tips.