Synesso Espresso Machine

jdandtracy

Sep 24, 2006
Colorado
Visit site
Hello,
I did a search on Synesso espresso machines and found several threads recommending them. It would be great to hear from someone who has experience using one...
We are considering purchasing one for our shop based upon word of mouth recommendations, but it is an expensive item to buy without personal experience. The next best thing would be to hear about someone else's experience.

I would love to hear what you do and don't like about them!
Thanks,
JD Anderson

jdandtracy

Sep 24, 2006
Colorado
Visit site
Lots of views, but no takers...

I thought maybe at least one person out there would have experience with the Synesso machines!

I found two shops that use Synesso machines about 2 hours north of us. We may go up there this weekend and check them out in action...

JD

ElPugDiablo

I don't have it at my shop, but I have tried it out, albeit for only a few shots. Essentially it's biggest selling point is precise temperature control and stablization. But from the user end, there are nice features such as cool touch steam wands, and easy to operate steam levers. With Synesso, you have total control of the extraction process, which means this is not a push the button and walk away machine. If you are a experienced barista, Synesso is great machine. The other PID machine, Marzocco GB5 AV is probably a little easier to get up to speed, but cost a bit more. Many have gone the route of PID their Marzocco Linea and save themselves from money.

jdandtracy

Sep 24, 2006
Colorado
Visit site
We made it to Boulder Colorado to check out a Synesso Cyncra in action. I have to say, I had the best drink today that I've had in some time. The machine pulled great shots!! We had mostly decided to go with a Synesso, but today's experience solidified that decision.

Another great selling point is that each brew head has its own boiler, and each steam wand has its own boiler. If a brew head fails due to a boiler problem, just switch to another brew head. Same goes for the steam. I know the Marzocco Lineas are not built that way. I'm not sure about other machines, but this is a great feature. A failure does not put you out of business...

JD

morrisn

Mar 27, 2006
Visit site
The Synesso is a great machine depending on your shop. If you have a lot of staff and staff turn over the training time for the Synesso is longer and more intense. Not a bad thing but you have to be prepared for it.

jmeiss

Dec 5, 2005
Lenexa, Kansas
Visit site
I was able to use a Synesso at the Midwest Regional BGA Jam about a month ago.... it was really cool - though the manual infusing takes a little getting used to..... and the "free-floating" steam wand took some getting used to....

but overall I like it