Taking over a coffee shop in 1 month

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
I would have to disagree.

What would it cost you to buy an authentic football jersey ?
American Football ? USD $100 ?
Football as the rest of the world knows it ? USD $ 10 ?

Are you saying that you can get a beer in the U.K for 1.75 pounds ? If so tell me where ?
Would the Czech Republic be counted on as advanced ? I can get 1/2 litre of the best beer in the world for USD $0.50

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Apparently, the economic portion of this poster's topic can't be settled here. Not without someone from Ireland coming in to enlighten us on whether or not 10,000 Euros per week, in gross sales, indicates a successful coffee shop.

I'm interested to see some posts from this guy next month, if he will afford the time.

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
8 hours a day isn't bad as far as food service goes. Imagine if you opened for 12 hours and had food prep for another 3- 4 hours before opening and 1 - 3 hours cleaning after closing.

ElPugDiablo

thewilliams1 said:
My take:

Generally speaking.. advanced countries monetary systems may be set up with different exchange rates.. ie: 1 Sterling (uk) equals aprox 2 usd .. but I buy a lot of my vinyl (I'm a DJ) from shops in the UK.. I may spend 4.75 Sterling wich comes out close to 10 USD.. but if I bought the same record in america, it'd cost 10 usd.

1 Aus dollar equals about .70 cents USD.. a beer would go for 5 in AU and 3.50 in the US... even though the exchange rates are different, they all seem to carry pretty close to the same weight... pound for pound.
wmark said:
I would have to disagree.

What would it cost you to buy an authentic football jersey ?
American Football ? USD $100 ?
Football as the rest of the world knows it ? USD $ 10 ?

Are you saying that you can get a beer in the U.K for 1.75 pounds ? If so tell me where ?
Would the Czech Republic be counted on as advanced ? I can get 1/2 litre of the best beer in the world for USD $0.50
If you guys are interested, read up on the theory of purchasing power parity and The Economist's Big Mac Index.

Back to the question if a rent free 500k euro a year coffee shop in Ireland is consider a good business. My WAG is yes it is a good business. So Jannisarie, does your girl friend have a sister?

ElPugDiablo

caffe biscotto said:
That's what I'm talkin' about. :D
Hey don't even think about jumping my claim. I too have never had a proper career and have one of those degrees that don't lead onto any job, other than being a barista. So I figure there could a match on that score. It's a honest business proposition. Beside it snowed in Hartford yesterday, I had it with this winter.