Tamper question

CoffeeLady

Jul 26, 2004
WA
Visit site
Hello! I am new to this forum, so I apologize if this question has been asked previously.

I have a Brasilia Portofino that I have been blessed with 2nd hand. In my quest to learn the best way to make the best coffee I have been taught the proper technique for tamping and find that the tamper I have is painful (it's a cheapy) to use with the new way I grip it. Where should I look to find a better tamper, and how do I determine what size I need?

Thanks,

Natalie
:)

Quink

Feb 11, 2004
Bristol UK
Visit site
You cant go wrong with one from Reg Barber, jut do a google search on his name and tampers and you should hit his site. There are different handle shapes and sizes so you should find it easy to find a good one. but you'll need to measure the inside of you PF, probably a good idea to use a vernier gauge to get a good accurate reading.

CoffeeLady

Jul 26, 2004
WA
Visit site
Thank you for your help Quink!

Not to sound stupid, but here goes...what exactly is a vernier gauge and where would I find one of those? :oops:

Natalie

CoffeeLady

Jul 26, 2004
WA
Visit site
Quink,

Thanks for being so helpful! I know what you're talking about now and I think I have the information I need to get the tamper I want. Thanks a bunch!! :)

Natalie

sumocomputers

Feb 21, 2004
Visit site
I have been pinging on the North America distributor about this item and here are the responses:

1st email

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry about the Tobira tamper and we are sorry for this late reply.
The tampers are sold out for now, but we will inform you by email as soon as they are available.

Thank you,

Yukiko Monks
Kiko marketplace

2nd email

Hello,

We've been told from the Tobira tamper company in Japan that they'd like to set up a new price for the north American customers, and we haven't heard the price yet. So we can't tell the price and the shipping fee for now. As soon as we know, we'll contact you immediately.

Regards,

Yukiko Monks

Kiko marketplace