Teas are wonderful - less caffeine

xhoperp1

Mar 6, 2007
Visit site
I''ve been hovering between coffee and tea, especially green teas. I take tea for the anti-oxidants in ginseng and green tea. What a healthy combination. From [removed by moderator]. I heard Dream Teas will be introducing decaf coffees. Anybody know?

Nodezone

Dec 21, 2006
Minneapolis
Visit site
I''ve been hovering between coffee and tea, especially green teas. I take tea for the anti-oxidants in ginseng and green tea. What a healthy combination. From [removed by moderator]. I heard Dream Teas will be introducing decaf coffees. Anybody know?

KTHXBYE!

late

Mar 2, 2008
Southern Maine
Visit site
Hi,
ginseng isn't something you should be taking every day. It is also does the flavor of tea no favor...

Anyway, Stash Special Occasion Japanese Green Tea is what I drink first thing in the morning during the week. A couple hours later I have coffee.

I don't see this as a choice. I like both. I keep a variety of teas around for the times when I want a cup. Or a guest wants one.

Having said that, while I like tea, I love coffee. I suggest spending some time finding tea AND coffee that you really like.

3ternal

Mar 22, 2007
Seattle, WA
Visit site
Agreed. Why pick one or the other. I enjoy both, just depends on mood and setting.

You should experiment with whole leaf if you really want to delve into becoming more knowledgable and experienced with tea. Much more complex tasting profiles then it's bagged version.

artgecko

Apr 5, 2008
Alabama
Visit site
I also like both tea and coffee...If I could stand more caffiene, I'd drink more coffee, but as it is, I have to drink more tea or I don't get any sleep :?

That said, I got into whole leaf / loose teas about 1 year ago and really like several varieties. I order from a tea importer that is here in the US. They are reasonably priced and have offer sample sizes so you can try out the different types. If you would like their name, pm me, as I think mentioning companies by name is not kosher on the forum.

One of my favorite varieties of tea is russian caravan, it's a nice blend and has a light smokey flavor that is unusual.

Art

menzie01

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I agree with you! Because green tea is a type of tea made solely with the leaves of Camellia sinensis, that has undergone minimal oxidation during processing.

C

coffeeloverlisa

You can SMOKE tea maybe, but I DRINK coffee.

Cheers!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
If you take some orange pekote cut black tea (I used to cut open a Lipton tea bag) and put it in a "rolling paper" and light it, it smells like marijuana. When I used to teach parenting skills classes, I would use it to show parents what marijuana smells like when someone is smoking it.

Rose