Technivorm Carafe

srraymond

Jan 21, 2007
Visit site
Techivorm Carafe

Yes. First, let me say I have owned two Technivorms for more than 20 years. Both are still working just fine, and I love them. However, about two years ago, I ordered a new carafe and had the dribbling problem. I contacted Boyds Coffee (where I bought it), and they replaced it. I did find however if I skewed the top just a bit to the right, the dribble problem went away. But it was definitely not right.

varuscelli

Jan 24, 2007
League City, Texas
Visit site
May I ask which version of the thermal carafe you all are referring to?

Is it the one with the spout or without the spout?

Please see this page on my website for a couple of the different thermal carafes that come with the KBT-741 Clubline/Moccamaster version.

http://www.ruscelli.com/technivorm.htm

The one that I received is the "spoutless" version.

I'm in the process of trying to figure out if the one I received just this month (January 2007) is an older version or perhaps a "new and improved" version. :wink:

MISTR GREEN BEAN

Nov 30, 2006
Visit site
varuscelli said:
May I ask which version of the thermal carafe you all are referring to?

Is it the one with the spout or without the spout?

Please see this page on my website for a couple of the different thermal carafes that come with the KBT-741 Clubline/Moccamaster version.

http://www.ruscelli.com/technivorm.htm

The one that I received is the "spoutless" version.

I'm in the process of trying to figure out if the one I received just this month (January 2007) is an older version or perhaps a "new and improved" version. :wink:

The round one with the recessed top is the new one.I have the old style and i think i will try and order a new style,i hear that it pours better.

varuscelli

Jan 24, 2007
League City, Texas
Visit site
MISTR GREEN BEAN said:
The round one with the recessed top is the new one.I have the old style and i think i will try and order a new style,i hear that it pours better.

Yeah, I've now tried the new version out (the completely rounded, bare metal lip version) and it pours without dripping at all. I wouldn't call it the prettiest pour I've ever seen, but it was great at cutting off the flow of poured liquid when I tilted the carafe back to stop the pour. The design actually seems to work very well, even though (to me) it has a much less appealing look. But I'd rather have it work well and not look as good as have it look great and not pour well. I personally think I'm going to be very happy with the newer, funky looking one... :wink:

MISTR GREEN BEAN

Nov 30, 2006
Visit site
varuscelli said:
MISTR GREEN BEAN said:

Yeah, I've now tried the new version out (the completely rounded, bare metal lip version) and it pours without dripping at all. I wouldn't call it the prettiest pour I've ever seen, but it was great at cutting off the flow of poured liquid when I tilted the carafe back to stop the pour. The design actually seems to work very well, even though (to me) it has a much less appealing look. But I'd rather have it work well and not look as good as have it look great and not pour well. I personally think I'm going to be very happy with the newer, funky looking one... :wink:

Does the new one fit closer to the filter basket?when i first got my TV i was concerned about temperature loss because of the open space above the carafe,i would have hoped on a new design they would have incorporated a heat loss entry into the carafe,but i guess not the case.