Terrible Caffeine Withdrawal?

deadendz

Apr 6, 2007
Visit site
I have recently experienced severe confusion, fear of going crazy, tingling/weakness in my arms, extreme hot sweats while in bed, depressed feelings, nausea/puking, and extreme overall anxiety...I wake up in the mornings feeling so sick and nervous/anxious that I can''t barely function normally.

Is this normal for caffeine withdrawal? I have been drinking about 2-3 energy drinks, 1-2 sodas, and sometimes taking a vivarin for about a year or more now...

I really am beginning to think caffeine is the root of all of this

equus007

Apr 4, 2006
Austin, Tx
Visit site
ok

ok um....duh dude
you've been abusing caffeine as well as other stimulants like a tweeker.
ofcourse you are having a serious withdrawl symptoms. Probably have some terrible headaches as well. I would play it safe and go see a doctor instead of asking a forum for medical advise on SERIOUS health problems. A lot of what you mentioned can be attributed to other things like being on the verge of a heart attack or stroke(both of which can be as a result of your using caffeine as a low-grade version of speed).

I would also seriously suggest you make a big life change regardless of the health problems. What ever you are doing that requires you to take in the equivalent of ~23 cups of coffee/day can not possibly be worth dying for. Remember the brighter you shine the faster you burn out.

3ternal

Mar 22, 2007
Seattle, WA
Visit site
deadendz said:
I have recently experienced severe confusion, fear of going crazy, tingling/weakness in my arms, extreme hot sweats while in bed, depressed feelings, nausea/puking, and extreme overall anxiety...I wake up in the mornings feeling so sick and nervous/anxious that I can''t barely function normally.

Is this normal for caffeine withdrawal? I have been drinking about 2-3 energy drinks, 1-2 sodas, and sometimes taking a vivarin for about a year or more now...

I really am beginning to think caffeine is the root of all of this

Dude, are you surprised? I got withdrawl headaches from 2-3 cups of coffee a day, your taking it a little too far. First of all, there's nothing wrong with a cup of coffee, but DO NOT abuse it. Also, lay off the pills, energy drinks, and all the other stimulants. If you don't seem to feel better, get some medical attention man.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "wrotek3"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums! I'm sure you've already discovered that you can find a lot of great infomation here.

It looks like you have recently explored some of the older topic areas in the forum, but you may not have noticed that some of the messages were posted a long time ago. It's always a good idea to look at the date of the posting to make sure it's not too old. That way you can decide if you want to start a new topic thread instead of replying to an older posting.

I don't want you to be disappointed if you don't get a reply to your comments and questions on all of those topic areas, especially the ones that were posted a couple of years ago. There are a lot of members on this forum, and there are some who we haven't heard from in quite a long time.

Again, welcome....and I hope you will visit often!

Rose

wrotek3

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
thank Rose for warm welcome.
Yeah i like the good old topics, very unique and priceless stories. I have printed them out.
I have some books on caffeine. Ruth Whalen book, Marie Kushner book, "Caffeine Blues", "World of Caffeine" . I am posting in old posts cause i hope users have turned on reply notification function. I don't see how i could write them directly.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello again,

I forgot to mention one handy feature on the forum.
When you're exploring the forum pages, if you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the screen, you can select to have the postings in descending order. That means you will see the most recent one first. That way you'll see the current ones first, and then you can scroll down and read the older ones later.

You can also set the display option so it will do it all the time by logging into the forum, then go to the User Control Panel. Then click on the Edit Display Options. Then scroll down to Display Topic Order and click the drop down box and select Descending. Save your choices, and you will be all set.

I'm glad you're enjoying the coffee forum.

Rose

daky911

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
You should cut out the pills and energy drinks... [advertisement for Eight O'Clock Coffee removed by the Moderator for deceptive practices in violation of CoffeeForums rules of acceptable use]

leancrayon1

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to pose a question:

If you go through caffeine withdrawal when you stop intaking caffeine, well then, perhaps just intake it all the time? That's what I do anyways, and it works very well for me. It keeps my scores high, and my thoughts positive. Don't worry about the nasty physical effects of withdrawal, just keep on brewin' and firing up your brain.
-lean

CJA

Sep 20, 2011
Washington D.C.
Visit site
Lol...I used to think like Leancrayon...until I finally tried switching to a "normal" caffeine intake of 2 cups of coffee a day...and it was a nightmare. I went through everything the original poster in this thread listed as his experience. The solution is simple (moderation), but it has to be achieved slowly. Overnight change to your caffeine intake can be extremely painful, as is well documented on this thread.

Chris