Terrible Latte

CoffeeTime

Apr 5, 2006
Manchester, CT
Visit site
Okay so this Saturday I went to a coffee house with some friends and had a small decaf latte with a shot of french vanilla. First of all it took for ever to get my drink and second it tasted like nothing. I couldn't believe it. I was all excited to have a latte and got extremely disappointed :cry: . It taseted mostly like steamed milk with a hint of french vanilla.
My question is how come this latte was so bad. Was it becuase there was not enough espresso, could it have been the water, could it have been becuase it was a decafe latte instead of a regular one. Did the girl making the drink just make it wrong. I have been trying to wrap my brain around it all weekend and have come up with nothing. Needless to say I will not be going back to that coffee house anytime soon.
In case any of you were wondering I do know what a good decafe latte tastes like. I have had many in the past from a different coffee house.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
it could be all of the above...bad, stale or not enough coffee, not made correctly(not trained properly)...hard to say not being there...next time complain...they can't fix what they do not know is wrong :wink:

latte killer

Maybe the coffee person,( barista indictes they know what they are doing at leeast) totaly missed including the d-caff. I would advise that you go back and tell whoever is on duty at that location what happened, and ask to try the drink again. That way the shop and you might be able to figure out what went wrong. Foremantioned posts all give clues to what could be " wrong" with the java, but there are MANY things that can go wrong in making the killer d-caff latte' : or most espresso drinks for that matter.