thai coffee history

meshobe

Apr 14, 2006
Visit site
I am looking for information on the history of coffee in thailand. I have some general information but was wondering if anyone knew if there was anywhere I could find specific inofrmation, like when coffee was introduced to thailand and its timeline to present. Any information is greatly appreciated.

:)

Zan

Jan 25, 2006
BKK, Thailand
Visit site
I don't know ? Why i have reply your question but it disappear?
Ok . Mashobe if you want to know about Thailand coffee I can help you .
you can e-mail to me or go to my website . Now we have build The Barista Association Of thailand for develop quality of thai coffee up .
Last month we have invited Mrs. Sunalini Menon came here and we took her to plantation you can read article from sunalini about that visit trip at
thaibarista.org If you want to know every thing in thai coffee beans please tell me .

P.S. Alun_evans I have been your Sumatra from sirada , I love it !

Zan

Jan 25, 2006
BKK, Thailand
Visit site
Hi alun

May be i want to go to Singapore next week too . Do you have any cell phone to contact you Please pm to me or at my e-mail . May be i 'll take my beans to you too .

Thank

Zan

Jan 25, 2006
BKK, Thailand
Visit site
Welcome Alun
If you have free time to visit Thailand , I can take you to see my grower in the northen of thailand . Best time to vistit around Dec-Feb you'll see the plantation .How about thailand coffee beans please you tell me .

twkapi

May 3, 2006
Taiwan
Visit site
You can find THai coffee (arabica) history in the article "The highland coffee research and development centre (HCRDC)" in book "Arabica coffee Cultivation and Extension Manual for the Highlands of Northern Thailand. (Op de Laak, 1992. Chiang Mai University, Faculty of agriculture. PP 98-111) .

twkapi

May 3, 2006
Taiwan
Visit site
Hi Zan

That is a very practical book for coffee grower.
I learn many skills from it. and met Mr. Op de Laak in 1st Asian Regional Round-Table, Chiang Mai, 2001.

I love Thai arabica coffee very much.