The first pocket-size espresso maker - Handpresso

BernardHP

Nov 2, 2007
france
Visit site
Hello, has anybody tested the Handpresso Wild ? I saw it on french tv tonight. It is said to make a perfect espresso with a nice crema. It works with ESE pods from Lavazza, Illy, Segafredo...
wild-home.jpg
, http://www.handpresso.com

cloudsipper

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Wow ! great idea.. Not too thrilled with pods, though, unless you make your own. Most reviews of pod coffee are pretty grim. Also as a purist, I suspect it's really hard to carry 200 degree water around, but I suppose you could always boil some with a little coil heater. All in all for 100 euro, a bit pricey. An Aeropress for 20 euro leaves 80 euro for buying kilos of gourmet coffee. The Aeropress won't make espresso, but what it does make.. is head and shoulders above anything else pressed through a filter.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
cloudsipper said:
Wow ! great idea.. Not too thrilled with pods, though, unless you make your own. Most reviews of pod coffee are pretty grim. Also as a purist, I suspect it's really hard to carry 200 degree water around, but I suppose you could always boil some with a little coil heater. All in all for 100 euro, a bit pricey. An Aeropress for 20 euro leaves 80 euro for buying kilos of gourmet coffee. The Aeropress won't make espresso, but what it does make.. is head and shoulders above anything else pressed through a filter.

If it doesn't make espresso why does your site sell it as a coffee/espresso maker?

ElPugDiablo

cloudsipper said:
Sorry, for my taste preference, I like French press better than Aeropress. Easier to brew too.

cloudsipper

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Hey-- good catch on the website.. that reference to espresso came right out of the Aeropress literature (and of course is patently incorrect). Coffee is coffee, and Espresso is espresso they are totally different substances. I agree with one of the reviewers about producing "espresso" drinks, however, because I have brewed coffee worthy of being combined with milk in a latte.
I love french press coffee too, and have a Bodum unit. A little known secret about Sbux.. they can make you a french press if you ask for it..
hmmm change the website?

BernardHP

Nov 2, 2007
france
Visit site
Handpresso ...outperforms the big espresso machines!

I have now received and tested my 99 euros Handpresso, which I ordered directly from their website in France. After having tested it on Illy, Covim and Starbucks ese pods my conclusion is clear: you don't make a better espresso coffee with any of the big pod machines! what I also like is that you share the work wit your guests. Instead of standing alone in the kitchen preparing the espressos you now let them do it them self. That's more fun, they can select the coffee they prefer and it makes your life easier! ...and what's even better. If you have friends serving bad coffee, you can just bring your handpresso.