Thinking of having private label on coffee for gift shop....

Patsy

Oct 16, 2007
Visit site
Have a small gift shop and am thinking of adding flavored coffee and tea (with our label) as another product offering (as well as add to our internet listings). Have researched wholesalers online, in the NC area, offering private label feature but it sounds like it''s a little more than I wanted to do in the beginning -- really want to stick with fresh coffee and not have coffee on the shelf for weeks. Thinking of the POD, 8 oz, 12 oz and pound sizes.

Is there anyone online doing this and can walk me through the process of how to accomplish the task? Was in hopes I could purchase the coffee already packaged then slap on my own label -- quickly found out this is not an option. So I''m looking for the next easier solution -- if there is one!

Thanks in advance,

Patsy in NC

jlyon10

Super Moderator
Feb 16, 2007
Clemmons, NC
Visit site
Private label

I think our coffee barn does private label coffee, they would have to ship it to you though I think they are on the west coast, I use them for drop shipping. I have a website that sells green coffee beans for home roasters and I roast my own for my consumption but I use them for people who want roasted coffee.

Patsy

Oct 16, 2007
Visit site
Hey Jim,
Glad to see another North Carolina person here! I searched and read many posts on drop shipping vendors -- found Coffee And Tea Warehouse (I believe you were the poster). Like their website and zapped off an email with questions. Just wish they had a larger line of flavored coffee line.

This is a wonderful board with helpful information. Am sure I will spend lots of time here. Still writing my website -- just finished the logo -- and anxious to see what response I get from Coffee and Tea Warehouse.

Am wondering if you (or anyone else reading this) has any good or bad drop shipping vendors to visit (or stay away from).

Thanks,
Patsy

JavaKitty

Sep 11, 2007
Hoover, AL
Visit site
Sweetwater Organic

Hi, Patsy!
Not sure of the quantity you are looking for, but my supplier is an Organic Fair Trade Roaster in Florida, who ships to me here in AL. They will do a private label for you I think, if you provide labels and bags. They are small but growing incredibly due to their awesome artisan roasting!
Chris and Nora are incredible at http://www.sweetwaterorganiccoffee.com/

OK so maybe it sounds like a commercial for them, but they are wonderfully committed people and deserving of the praise!

Patsy

Oct 16, 2007
Visit site
Jim,
I'm in Wake Forest and still spending hours online searching for a good drop shipper. Russ from Coffee & Tea Warehouse has answered a few of my emails and has a good bit to offer but his "wholesale" prices are about the same as most retail prices. However, he throws in the packaging a private label.

I know there is a solution.

Patsy

jlyon10

Super Moderator
Feb 16, 2007
Clemmons, NC
Visit site
drop ship

I worked with them for awhile but they didn't really want to drop ship anymore that is why they raised their prices because shipping went up. I have been working with Our Coffee barn.

Patsy

Oct 16, 2007
Visit site
Just checked out the coffee barn and it looks like you must order in 5 pound increments -- so that's out for me.

Will keep looking.

Patsy

jlyon10

Super Moderator
Feb 16, 2007
Clemmons, NC
Visit site
Contact

Contact them and see what they say. They have a private label program as well as a drop ship program that you don't see on their website. They give you a code when you contact them that takes a percentage off of the coffee. I'm pretty sure you don't have to buy in 5 pound increments.