Thinking Of Starting Coffee Line/Dropshipping

grynds

Sep 29, 2020
Visit site
Apologies I've you posted links to your website already. I skimmed through the posts but couldn't find one.

If you don't have a website, I suggest creating a good marketing website advertising your idea. The sole purpose would be to collect e-mail addresses of anyone interested.

This will help you validate your idea without putting in all the up-front work needed to bootstrap your business.

For example, if you collect 10 e-mail addresses in 3-4, months that probably means people are not interested. But if you collect 1,000 e-mail addresses in 2 weeks (would need to post on other forums letting people know about your idea), those are some potential customers. Lets say your conversion rate for those 1,000 e-mail addresses is 10%, that would be 100 people willing to pay.

I'm at 0 posts so I can't post links, but if you're interested I suggest googling: "indiehackers secret to a great landing page". It has the formula to a good landing page.

Toji

Apr 9, 2021
Visit site
In general, dropshipping is a complex and diverse form of making money, it's like a normal business which you can do by yourself and which can be really profitable. Coffee is a well known product on the dropshipping market, so it will not be a problem for you to make money in your niche, especially when youre a true coffee man and you know what people like to drink. But you should understand that you will be needed to promote your product. So don't forget about a little marketing. Personally, I think that you need to read a groovefunnels review on the internet to understand how everything works and what tools to use in order to promote your product.

Albertr

Jun 25, 2021
Visit site
In general, dropshipping is a complex and diverse form of making money, it's like a normal business which you can do by yourself and which can be really profitable. Coffee is a well known product on the dropshipping market, so it will not be a problem for you to make money in your niche, especially when youre a true coffee man and you know what people like to drink. But you should understand that you will be needed to promote your product. So don't forget about a little marketing. Personally, I think that you need to read a groovefunnels review on the internet to understand how everything works and what tools to use in order to promote your product.
Im new here, how does a drop-shipping coffee business work? Do you buy beans from a wholesale importer. Then have them send to a roaster? Then have someone grind the beans, package them in your branded bags and store them all. Oh, and ship them to customers?
Is there really a profit to be made with all those other necessary people and services? Or must you do some of that work above, yourself ?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Albertr. It's simple. Customer(you) create a website and label. You send the label to a roaster and he waits for you to send orders and a shipping label. The roaster produces the coffee and ships to your customer. I have a couple people I do this for. Super simple to start. The hard part is marketing your site.

Sep 13, 2021
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
Albertr. It's simple. Customer(you) create a website and label. You send the label to a roaster and he waits for you to send orders and a shipping label. The roaster produces the coffee and ships to your customer. I have a couple people I do this for. Super simple to start. The hard part is marketing your site.
I don't own a dropshipping business but a friend's company is pretty much involved in the industry. Yeah, I think what @topher said is the basic foundation of it.

1. Find a niche - in your case coffee
2. Set up a store.
3. Marketing strategy.

Since you already have your niche, the next thing on the plate is you must set up a website/shop where your customers can order and the rest follows (well except for marketing). I think Shopify is a pretty decent platform where you can set up one. I've been using it for work and it's straightforward. But if you need some tips on how to get started, I'll link a guide to help you out. Hope this helps.

This is what we have been working on for the last couple of months! It's not so much that branding
is everything, but that you have to build your own community, you need to provide your customers
with something that they need, not just good coffee, anyone can do that.
Ive been working on this as well. I do believe that you need to provide customers with something of value. It is something I am struggling with because there are so many avenues and its tough to know what's best. perhaps I should choose one. The easy way out would be to donate a portion of profits to an organization of choice.