Third Wave Water

LoveCoffeeLife

Jan 29, 2017
South Eastern USA
Visit site
you can use normal filtered or bottled water for your coffee. as far as tap water is concerned, the main problem of tap water is Chlorine in the water. Not for health reason, but chlorine will change the coffee taste big time. that is why tap water is not recommended when you make your coffee.

BTW, the Chlorine in tap water is to prevent contamination in the water and since it is very small amount (up to 4 parts per million), it does not affect your health what so ever.

Brita water filters are very popular here, I'll check into getting another.

So is what gives the water that skunky taste sometimes?

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Brita water filters are very popular here, I'll check into getting another.

So is what gives the water that skunky taste sometimes?
Maybe a skunk took a bath in it? LOL. honestly I do not know.... ha ha ha. I think that your Brita water filter should be just fine for your coffee. If you drink normal drip coffee with normal coffee beans, I think that even tap water should be okay. I also use tap water quite a bit when I am in overseas.

LoveCoffeeLife

Jan 29, 2017
South Eastern USA
Visit site
Maybe a skunk took a bath in it? LOL. honestly I do not know.... ha ha ha. I think that your Brita water filter should be just fine for your coffee. If you drink normal drip coffee with normal coffee beans, I think that even tap water should be okay. I also use tap water quite a bit when I am in overseas.

Aahahaha! At times I'm inclined to believe that part, Alex. Yeah, I will. I think it may be my proximity to the river? I'm not sure. I'll imagine that the water is different in a less industrial area as well.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
A friend of mine has primarily been using it for pour overs... I have only used it for a comparative cup. I took 3 of my coffees, with two different waters - 3rd Wave and my local muni tap water run through a Brita filter. I figured this would be a typical 'home' scenario. I'm going to write up my thoughts and post on my blog... hopefully up next week?
Hello Mike (Musicphan), how are ya? when you said that you will post your thoughts about 3rd wave water thing "next week", it has become "next month" (unless you already have posted it "on your blog" which I do not know where "your blog" is, would you let me know if you already have?).

hopefully you can post your reply, comment, thoughts, in this forum, so everyone can check it out?

anyway, as you can see in below photo, I still have the 3 wave water you sent me (thank you, Mike) and still waiting for your comments, so I can also try it out.

thanks Mike/Musicphan

18221726_1932584287025358_149664735603122190_n.jpg

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
I too am interested in this but not only for the taste. My Pure filters work for removing the chlorine taste but they don't do a very good job of removing the calcium and magnesium. I just started noticing how bad this is since I bought a coffee maker where I can actually see the inside of the water reservoir and can see it building up. While I can't taste this when it happens I can only image whats going on in the parts I can't see. While I always clean it regularly with Dezcal it would be nice to use water that cut down on the scaling.

So my question is, will using this product cut down on scaling?

bigdaub

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Third Wave Water Update

While you all are holding your breath I'll give you an update on TWW :coffee:

At the US Brewers Cup the 1st & 2nd place competitors used TWW in their open portion. We also came in the 1st & 2nd in Poland and 1st in Romania (These are the ones I know about)
https://gearpatrol.com/2017/05/02/dylan-siemans-brewers-cup-formula/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BT19jJ3DHhr/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSdhLuTAVBz/

Plus we have new packaging and won and award for it at the Seattle Coffee Expo

ND5_7805 small.jpg

Attachments

• ND5_7805 small.jpg
    ND5_7805 small.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 107

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
Check out the latest Roast Magazine for water articles. I did drink/use the stuff last weekend. It is a compelling argument......then again, you may be lucky enough to live in a region that has good water and not need to pay

cornercafe

Jun 10, 2016
Riverhead, NY
Visit site
Opening old thread, I just found Third Wave Water, started using it. My water was from tap water in a farming area from years ago. , so I have some concerns. Was using a Brita but wanted to try this out. On my second gallon, tastes good. Have not done a taste test comparison with the brita but I’m happy with the result. A feel better about what’s in the water.