traveling with coffee

pbmurphy

Mar 18, 2008
Raleigh
Visit site
sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum, but i didn''t see anywhere else to put this question.

I love all things coffee, and do nearly all of my commuting, local traveling, getting to class, and visits to the coffee shop (of course!) on bike. And i don''t really ride...er, smoothly.

I''ve had about a dozen different travel mug containers each one claiming to be \"spill proof\" or \"leak proof\" but all have failed at some point or another miserably in my messenger bag. (it''s not a fun cleanup, and I''m without coffee to boot)

Anyone know of a REALLY leak-proof travel mug they''ve had good experience with? preferably something metal (for durability/ impact survival) cost is really not a concern at this point. I know thermoses might work better than some mug offerings but i''d still love something I can take a small sip out of. Any info would be great, thanks!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello,

I have to agree... a thermos is the best way to go.
They sell all sorts of sizes including small thin ones that fit into a brief case. Since you put your mugs into a messanger bag, the thermos is the safest way to avoid a mess. I have one that holds about 16 ounces and it has a screw on lid that can be used as a cup. Some also have the type of lid where you can flip up the tab and drink right from the thermos without opening it, but I didn't get that one.

They sell them at most stores including WalMart, Target, etc. for around $10. I happened to get mine at Macy's in December when it was "on sale" for $10. I know the thermos keeps the coffee warm for a few hours, but I havent' tested it for any longer because I always drink the coffee before then!

Rose

thumpersmom

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I bike with my coffee and I find that a regular travel coffee mug fits in my waterbottle holder. It gets a little cold when I'm biking in the cold, but it's generally OK. (and I'm also not the smoothest biker!!!).

Take care,
Melissa

TopBean

Apr 13, 2008
Fort Myers, Florida
Visit site
Try checking out a Bass Pro Shops or a hunting and fishing store. They have a bunch of containers like your looking for.
I got an Eddie Bower container and it holds a half of pot of coffee (36oz).
It has a plastic top so you don't burn your lips and a rubber sealing flip top lid.
Now I'm a happy camper!

Randall

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hey Mr. Biscotto,

I know the images were just for play ..... I was just playing with you too.

So .... I guess what you're saying is that you still couldn't create your own design for a forum shirt or mug because there is, in fact, a forum owner who would have you arrested for treading on his territory.

Rose

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
I could make my own just about anything, if I wanted to. But in order to use someone's trademarked or copyrighted material, I'd need their permission. Even if it wasn't for profit.

Remember the Cocoa Puffs thing I did and got busted for? I could put that on a mug for home use, but if I got caught, I could be sued for copyright infringement and possibly defamation of character.

Through freedom of speech and the right to protest, I could put the Cocoa "bird" on a shirt with a red line through it, with the words: "This stuff is bad for your health!!!", on the shirt. But then, I'd get sued for using their logo. :D

Anyway, I already proposed the idea of Coffeeforums mugs, but the higher ups showed little to no interest. That's why I hinted that I could make (have made?) my own, just for my personal use.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Mr. Biscotto,

Thanks for trying to get the "higher- ups" to "measure- up" and get us some Coffee Forum mugs and T-shirts. We certainly appreciate your efforts.

Maybe they just don't want to take on the extra task, or maybe they just can't handle it.

"Ours is just to wonder why...."

Oh well, thanks again for your efforts.

Rose

Shirts - not for free

Nice dodge, Biscotto!

I'll tell you what. I'll redesign the coffeeforums logo in such a way that you'll stay out of hot water. I'll even give you the rights to the new graphics. You'll own the production rights and all profits associated. I can do it. You know I can.

So, with the new stuff you can make all the shirts and mugs that are needed. Demand is high. And you are just the baker to make it cook!

Mako

PS doesn't the term "mmm mmm good" belong to Campbells Soup? How'd the founders get away with that!

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Well, the owner of this forum as far as I know, is still Demetri. He's a Canadian bodybuilder, so I wouldn't want to ruffle his feathers. I'm sure he's aware though, that some members might eventually want to sport some Coffeeforums gear, even if it means making their own.

(You know, there's actually a Coffeeforum.com? It's an Australian based coffee forum. It's not nearly as developed as this one is though. It seems to be only set up for Adsense?)

Regarding the logo legal issue, I think it calls for a meeting in the vault. See you there Sharky. :wink: