Twitching eye

ArabBeaker

Sep 19, 2008
New Zealand
Visit site
Am I the only person in the world who gets a twitching eyelid which lasts for months (yes literally months) and the only cure is to go right off coffee for a week... then it stops ?

I'm afraid my twitching eye is related to consuming coffee :cry: :cry: :cry: I drink only two strong cups of espresso per day but eventually the eye starts all over again. I have even tried switching to decaf ( sorry.... excuse my french...) but to no avail... the eye problem always persists until I go off coffee completely ... and it takes about a week.

Possibly sleep related, which for me, is caffiene related. So its coffee. ( self diagnosis... don't you hate that ? )
Arab.

paulina12

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
No, I personally don't think you're facing those problems from drinking coffee. I would strongly recommend that you go to a doctor and ask him for help. It seems you strongly need it.

eyedoctor28

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
It's called myokymia. When only one eye twitches.. it's annoying, and a lot of times other people can't even see it, but you can feel it. It is caused by caffeine, stress, or lack of sleep. No real treatment for it. Limiting the three conditions above will help, or sometimes quinine (found in tonic water) can help.

ArabBeaker

Sep 19, 2008
New Zealand
Visit site
I should point out that I don't go through my entire life with the eye thing... its something which occurs only so often, but persists until the coffee is stopped for a few days, then its fine again for months and up to a year.
Yes its definately caffiene related, leading to poor sleep, and then probably over tiredness.

Pretty simple stuff really. I'm glad not many of you get this twitching eye lid. :)