Under $750 cappucino maker needed

coffeeconnoisseur

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Note I said cappucino maker, not espresso maker. I need an idiot proof, non-messy machine that grinds its own beans so I don''t have to buy a grinder and a presser seperately. There''s also an issue of space so having an all-in-one machine is necessary. Lastly, there''s an issue of what creates the least amount of mess and requires the least amount of cleanup... I know myself; I''m lazy and I''m also busy. Ideally I''d make a double shot of espresso and froth enough milk for 2 cappucinos a day for myself and my wife. So it''ll get some pretty good use.

This is the machine we''re looking at right now.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product ... U=14650393

Does anyone else have this machine? How is your experience? Can anyone recommend different machines that might work better?

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
The machine you speak of looks OK. You won't find a killer super auto for that price point, but it should work OK for those that are too lazy to maintain a good semi auto. LOL.....

I know you don't want to hear this, but you will get much better results from a good semi auto and grinder. Autos and super autos are OK, but still require cleaning and maintenance like any other, they only take the guesswork out of the equation. If you want decent coffee with predictable results, then get the $700 machine.

And to be honest, I've never seen a "cappuccino maker" as all drinks like cappas, Americanos and lattes use espresso, so that is always your starting point. The reason manufacturers put steam wands on most machines is because sissy Americans can't handle true straight shots and usually have to use milk or hot water with it. Later!

coffeepotato

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
Odea Giro is pretty good super-automatic machine. It makes decent espresso (OK, not what you would get from a semi-auto but pretty good).

Most people are happy with it. The most common complaints are that the water tank is a bit too small and that the drip tray need to be emptied often.

I think it is a good choice given your requirements.

BTW, you can get it cheaper from Amazon at the moment.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
yes this machine grinds, tamps and brews but it does not steam the milk. To be honest if you do not have the time or patience to make a quailty drink you might want to buy your drinks from you local shop...just a thought. :wink: and this is not meant to be rude..its just you have to weigh your options..convience or quality.