Useless info

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I am at it again. I am putting together another training guide. This one is more geared towards teaching upper management and call center about coffee. I am looking for useless facts(or should I say interesting facts) about coffee. Do you have any wacky facts to contribute to my guide? Trying to make it fun and interesting! Thanks in advance!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
no pug...haha...here is what I have so far..
1. 52% of US adults drink coffee?
2. The most expensive coffee in the world is Kopi Luwak?
3. Coffee is the second largest import in the US?
4. Hawaii is the only US state that grows coffee?
5. From coffee seed to fruit takes about five years?
6. Instant coffee was invented by a chemist named Satori Kato in 1901?
7. In Europe coffee was once known as Arabian Wine?
8. A cup of coffee contains about 100 - 150 milligrams of caffeine?
9. An espresso has less caffeine than a regular cup of coffee?
10. A person who is skilled in preparing Turkish coffee is called a kahveci?
11. About 500 billion cups of coffee are consumed each year?
12. Cowboys often drank Lapsang Souchong instead of Coffee?
13. Hawaii is the only US state that grows coffee?
14. Coffee is the second largest import in the US?
15. Voltaire drank about 50 cups of coffee each day?
16. If You visit a Kissaten in Japan You visit a coffee shop?
17. Coffee has about five times as much caffeine than Coke?
18. The word "coffee" was once a term for wine?
19. Coffee grows in more than 50 countries?
20. There are coffee flavored PEZ?
21. Johann Sebastian Bach drank 60 to 80 cups of coffee a day and wrote the coffee cantata
22. coffee creamer is extremely flammable
23. Brazil had a postage stamp that smelt of coffee in December 2001
24. coffee is the most popular drink worldwide with around two billion cups consumed daily.
25. Central and South America produce approximately two thirds of the worlds coffee supply
26. The coffee tree produces its first full crop when it is about five years old. Thereafter it produces consistently for 15 to 20 years.
27. To make a roasted pound of coffee it takes around 2,000 Arabica coffee cherries. With 2 beans per cherry-this means around 4000 beans are in a single pound of coffee!
28. It takes 42 beans to make an espresso
29. If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of
30. On average men drink more coffee than women(1.7 cups per day vs 1.5 cups)
31. cappuccino is so named because of the drinks peak of foam which resembles the cowl of a Capuchin friar’s habit.
32. The US Navy used to serve alchohlic beverages on board ships. However when Admiral Josephus “Joe” Daniels became Chief of Naval Operations, he outlawed alcohol on board ships, except for special occasions. Coffee then became the drink of choice, hence the term “Cup of Joe”
33. For reducing wrinkles and improving their skin, the Japanese have been known to bathe in coffee grounds fermented with pineapple pulp
34. The human body will absorb just 300 milligrams of caffeine at any given time. Additional amounts are cast off and provide no additional stimulation. The human body dissipates 20% of the caffeine in it’s system per hour.
35. Regular coffee drinkers have about 1/3 less asthma symptoms than those of non coffee drinkiers according to a Harvard researcher who studied 20,000 people.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Thanks...will take it off the list...but I am going to play with some creamer later and see if I can get it to ignite..not that I dont trust you..just sounds fun :twisted:

C

coffeeloverlisa

Hey Topher, if I said it was you who wrote it, would you allow me to post your list on my website blog???

Pretty, pretty please???

Lisa