USRC 3-Kilo Coffee Roaster For Sale-Used

Robwest33

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
2012 USRC Roaster-2nd Owner

I'm looking to sell my USRC 3 kilo roaster. This one is the base model but upgraded with datalogging software (I use Cropster which I can include if you prefer).

It's been a great little roaster, just growing out of it more quickly than I expected. The first owner decided to pursue other things in life, but I have his name/contact information if you have any questions.

The only issues I have are related to airflow and the drum bearing. I replaced the front drum bearing with a new one, but it seems to rub every once in awhile against the face of the roaster. Hasn't caused any significant issues, but I've reached out to USRC again to see if there is anything that can help. The airflow is not a really a problem-it's just a really powerful fan, so I don't really put the air damper more than half way open.

Looking for around $10k OBO. I'm located in Dallas, TX. I also have a commercial grinder I can include if you want-also bought from the same owner. photo (19).JPGimage (10).jpegimage (9).jpegimage (8).jpeg

Thanks!

-Robert
Canon Coffee Roasters

Robwest33

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
***UPDATE- Grinding fixed-turns out I had the drum set a bit too far back, so the grinding was actually small beans getting stuck between the drum and the face of the roaster. Done about 12 roasts and no more issues.

Robwest33

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
***UPDATE- Looks like the roaster I'm waiting to buy is going to be a bit longer, so for the time being, this roaster is no longer for sale.

wwcove

Banned
Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello Robwest33

Please post a message here when your roaster is sold. That way, people won't keep asking about it.

Thanks.

Rose

there are many quality roasters new & used available from $4000 /2 K and up. ( new 2 K Coffee-Tech Solar type roasters for about $7500. If interested send me a message.)

Robwest33

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
All,

I've had several inquiries lately, the roaster is still available. Please contact me if you have any specific questions or offers. I will post an update when the roaster is sold.

Thank you!

Robert

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
***UPDATE- Grinding fixed-turns out I had the drum set a bit too far back, so the grinding was actually small beans getting stuck between the drum and the face of the roaster. Done about 12 roasts and no more issues.

I'm curious about the supposed drum bearing issue. Our 12 kg USRC roaster is designed to allow the operator to control the gap between the barrel and the frame. Beans naturally work their way into that gap, making it wider. Soon you are losing substantial amounts of beans. I adjust that gap every day that we roast. It's best done when the roaster is heated up. (Things expand when hot.) Open the gap as wide as possible, bang on the unit with the spanner wrench to knock out any loose bean particles and then tighten down the gap until you hear the scraping sound described in your earlier post. Then slowly increase the gap space until the scraping just stops.