Vacuum Bag sealer and Bags

richnks

Dec 12, 2006
Midwest, USA
Visit site
Hello everyone!
I'm in need of a good vacuum bag sealer (whole and ground) for shipping my coffee. Will just about any vacuum bag sealer machine do that is on the market?

I will also need the bags that are compatible with the machine. I have read that the "one-way" check valve bags are best.

This is for a start-up business. If anyone could recommend some suppliers of these items, I would greatly appreciate it.

Rich

CafeBlue

Dec 8, 2006
Toronto
Visit site
Pacific Bag is a good company to start your search. They specialize in short run printing and labelling, and can supply virtually everything for coffee packing.
"Start up volume" can have a variety of meanings. Think about the number of package designs, sizes and labels you would like. Consider the total poundage you will pack. Consider the trade off between equipment cost and labor, as you decide how much automation you need. The suppliers can help you with number of bags per minute capacity for the different options to help you determine your needs.
Consider your growth plan, get equiupment that you will not outgrow this year.

richnks

Dec 12, 2006
Midwest, USA
Visit site
Good Bag site

CafeBlue,
Thanks for the info on Pacific Bag. Looks good. I will get a price list from them today. To keep costs down, I might try to do the labeling myself. If it is feasible. I have not started my venture just yet. Getting everything in line and sorted out before I make the jump.

I'm open to any other suggestions anyone has. :grin:

Thankx,
Rich