🧡 Wanted WANT TO BUY - Broken Espresso Machine

bikesandcoffee

Apr 11, 2022
Seattle
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I'm looking to buy a non-working espresso machine for a "fun" home fixer upper project.

Preferably I'd like a machine that is:
-single group (or double). Three is too big for my small kitchen
-double boiler

If its not a double boiler that's not a deal breaker! But that's what I prefer in my setup.

I'm willing to pay for equipment but I'm looking for a low cost buy in (so I can spend all my money on spare/custom parts ;))

If you have any leads or know of any other good places to look for these machines that advice is super welcome as well!

Thanks everyone

-Fred

thinkcoffee

Jul 20, 2022
Michigan
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I'm looking to buy a non-working espresso machine for a "fun" home fixer upper project.

Preferably I'd like a machine that is:
-single group (or double). Three is too big for my small kitchen
-double boiler

If its not a double boiler that's not a deal breaker! But that's what I prefer in my setup.

I'm willing to pay for equipment but I'm looking for a low cost buy in (so I can spend all my money on spare/custom parts ;))

If you have any leads or know of any other good places to look for these machines that advice is super welcome as well!

Thanks everyone

-Fred
I don't know how much you want to spend.....but I have a 2017/18 Synesso Cynca 2-group. A cafe I worked with closed in 2021; final straw for the owner was his espresso machine stopped working. I know for sure the pump doesn't work, and I know for sure it has scale. I ended up with it as a way for him to square up on what he owed for coffee, and I just haven't had a chance to mess with it.

I think I could spend $1,000 and 15 hours on it and end up with a solid machine, I just don't have the time and I don't need it. I would sell it for 4k as is. It's in Michigan.

Thuydan

Dec 26, 2023
San Lorenzo, CA
Visit site
I have a Breville Oracle that I'd like to sell, it fits your specs: single group, double boiler. I believe the steaming parts need to be replaced because it currently overheats and is non-working. Let me know if interested!

Enigma-2

Oct 26, 2023
Indiana
Visit site
Have you checked Ebay?

Click on search, enter "espresso machine" as the search term, then click on the filter tab, then on "condition", and finally click on "For parts or non-working".

There's well over 50 machines to choose from, all different kinds and degrees of quality.

Personally I like the Bellville Barista Express. I'd offer $45; or the La Pavoni which is currently bidding at $255. Both are well known with parts readily available. Repair vids on YouTube is a plus.

Last edited: