want to start an internet coffee business

Sabranie

Jan 5, 2006
Seattle, WA
Visit site
Do you plan to roast your own beans? My company does drop shipping if you are interested. We just recently began updating our website to include a shopping cart. If you send me a pm I'll be happy to share some of my experiences with vendors/services related to an internet coffee business as well as get you info on our coffee.

aafreen

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking to start a business online. Any advice on startup, vendors,...etc.? I'd sure appreciate it.

For start up on online business, I recommend what I am successfully doing... that Web Reselling business is well preferred option among many business. Because it is simple, low investment, zero risk and more profitable business. Also, you don't have manage it day to day, sitting in front of your system. By simpley buying a reseller account, you would become reseller and your business is ready with your products and services available on a website specially designed for you. For more details visit Goresellers.com
Thanks!

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Rose: I'm guessing that new members would simply make ten meaningless posts at once to get the opportunity to add a link rather than making five meaningless posts as is currently the practice.

Imo, this place is largely comprises of meaningless posts made for the express purpose of trying to get enough posts to "market" something to community members.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "Frank_Cannon"

Welcome!

It's always great to welcome new members who want to actively participate in the Coffee Forum.
I hope your first day with the Coffee Forum is a pleasant one, and that you will visit us often.

Rose

dstrand

Apr 25, 2012
SF Bay Area
Visit site
I'm looking to start a business online. Any advice on startup, vendors,...etc.? I'd sure appreciate it.
Hi Wiredup,

Probably the best advice is don't cut corners. Find a great web developer. Enlist the help of a great SEO company, and if you can afford it, hire a great marketing and publicist. Online businesses are a great deal easier to set up than a brick & mortar, but it's still a business. The more capable help you can get, the more you can focus on the core of your business.

Oh, and definitely, definitely create a well-thought out, detailed business plan.

I wish you much success!

bcotten

Jun 22, 2012
Kernersville, NC
Visit site
It all depends on what you are selling. I used to be a web developer until coffee took over my life like a freight train. I can tell you, having been on the development, and now on the ownership side, it's not easy. But it is certainly doable.

The principles are essentially the same with online and B&M. You have to build one customer at a time - fight for each one. Know your business inside and out. If coffee is your business, know coffee better than anyone. Have opinions about coffee so that you can make your own mark on your business instead of copying everyone else.

In our case, we decided years ago that we would always have a sense of humor about coffee (not exactly common in this industry) and we would only ever sell what we love - no exceptions - ever. That's enabled us to do well consistently. My advice is to make your own mark, do it your way, and become a real part of the industry you are working in. Don't leech of it - join it.

Good luck - be bold.

dstrand

Apr 25, 2012
SF Bay Area
Visit site
It all depends on what you are selling. I used to be a web developer until coffee took over my life like a freight train. I can tell you, having been on the development, and now on the ownership side, it's not easy. But it is certainly doable.

The principles are essentially the same with online and B&M. You have to build one customer at a time - fight for each one. Know your business inside and out. If coffee is your business, know coffee better than anyone. Have opinions about coffee so that you can make your own mark on your business instead of copying everyone else.

In our case, we decided years ago that we would always have a sense of humor about coffee (not exactly common in this industry) and we would only ever sell what we love - no exceptions - ever. That's enabled us to do well consistently. My advice is to make your own mark, do it your way, and become a real part of the industry you are working in. Don't leech of it - join it.

Good luck - be bold.

bcotten has it the nail on the thumb. Or is it, the nail with his head. Or...
Anyway, the only thing I can add, is that you really need to create a top-notch business plan. Ask yourself hard questions and do research. Don't just go through the motions.

Why?

Because, by going through this process, you'll begin to really hone in on what you want your business to be.

There are thousands of online coffee stores. What makes yours special? Why would someone buy from you, when they could buy from bcotten or me? How do you set yourself apart? For me, this is where the fun starts (I need counseling. I know).

cafedude87

Sep 14, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Visit site
I actually just started an online coffee subscription business as well, and I'd recommend considering Shopify for your online platform (that's what we're using) - very easy setup and little design/coding knowledge needed.