web desin

ToyDogCoffee

Aug 24, 2011
Honolulu, HI
Visit site
Most people doing their sites for the first time can use any of the hosted ecommerce platforms which will get you 98% there. You can then freelance some of the tweaks in the future. If you start from scratch, you are looking at 2-6k from a "professional" designer. If they still need help, let me know I can walk them through starting their own portal and then as they scale, they can get others to tweak what they want.

Biznerdjm

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I can do Web Design, Blog Writing, Social Media Marketing for your coffee website, Video Marketing, Graphic Design--- and insurance lol Whatever you need shoot me a PM if interested. Peace

dkeenan

Dec 13, 2011
Cambridge
Visit site
Hey Topher. I would agree that your best bet is an 'off-the-shelf' site from one of a number of services that are out there. For selling products, Shopify is one of the big names, and there are a number of free/premium templates for services like that. I used them briefly and they seemed decent enough. Another service is FreeWebStore.org. Beware that they all will charge you a monthly fee and also will take a cut of each transaction you make. However, they are still a lot cheaper than having a bespoke site designed. If you wanted to try developing your own site then there are open-source frameworks available such as Wordpress, Joomla, Perch etc. but be prepared to spend the time one them in that case.

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
The problem is (generally speaking) that most of these guys are unstable and could be gone tomorrow....even guys that charge a big buck. We have had lots of problems with various web sites,not just our coffee one.

kking4120

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
In all honesty, you can easily set something up yourself by getting a really nice, cheap e-commerce theme. You can always look at Magento templates or even just get an e-commerce wordpress theme and install cart66.