Weekly Coffee Subscription Option from caffe d'bolla

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Per request, we now have a weekly option for our Select Single Origin Coffee Subscription.
Click HERE

19840192504_9d1d69f1ff_z.jpg

You will save on all Weekly options greater than 4 weeks.

Hand selected Single Origin Coffee + Award Winning roaster = Delicious fresh roasted coffee delivered to you weekly.

27524234425_a4a9f3d0fe_b.jpg

Last edited:

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Your coffee must be something SUPER special to charge $34.24 per pound. (312 grams = 11 oz. $94 for 4 weeks means $23.50 each 11 oz bag. So, $23.50 / 11 = $2.14 per oz. $2.14 x 16 oz (one pound) = $34.24 per pound.)

I have bought some great coffees from Peter, Bob, Mike...etc from forum member roasters and they were ALL superbly roasted and excellent quality coffees with very reasonable pricing, less than half of what you are asking.

I am sure that most of members would love to hear what makes your coffee so special, at least for educational purposes...

Is that some heirloom varietals like Pacamara, Bourbon Yellow/Pink, Typica, Mundo Novo...etc? or Specially processed coffee such as Red Honey, K72, Double Dip washed...etc?
Personally, I am very interested to know more about your coffee.
thanks and have a great day.

Last edited:

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
All of our shipped coffees are based a price that is more than $2 less than our lowest priced coffee ($19) to help offset the reality of shipping costs.

Shipping is $6.80.The fact that you can have our coffee delivered at a base price of $16.70 per bag is an incredible value.

I believe in rewarding our weekly customers because of their commitment. Monthly subscriptions would be a little more.

Your coffee must be something SUPER special to charge $34.24 per pound. (312 grams = 11 oz. $94 for 4 weeks means $23.50 each 11 oz bag. So, $23.50 / 11 = $2.14 per oz. $2.14 x 16 oz (one pound) = $34.24 per pound.)

I have bought some great coffees from Peter, Bob, Mike...etc from forum member roasters and they were ALL superbly roasted and excellent quality coffees with very reasonable pricing, less than half of what you are asking.

I am sure that most of members would love to hear what makes your coffee so special, at least for educational purposes...

Is that some heirloom varietals like Pacamara, Bourbon Yellow/Pink, Typica, Mundo Novo...etc? or Specially processed coffee such as Red Honey, K72, Double Dip washed...etc?
Personally, I am very interested to know more about your coffee.
thanks and have a great day.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
you said that your coffee is "AN INCREDIBLE VALUE", however, still the coffee pricing comes out to $34.23/lb according to my calculation (of course, unless you go to your shop and pick up the bag by yourself which is only local people can do & I kind of doubt that there aren't that many people among forum members living in your city)

$34.23/lb is in the realm of Kona / JBM or lower level of CoE coffee pricing.
I am bit curious to know that your coffee is something bit special in terms of varietals and processing methods or roasting methods..etc

So, I would appreciate it if you can explain more about THE COFFEE rather than just saying "Incredible Value".
thanks in advance and have a great weekend.

Last edited:

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
ensoluna,

It's best if other people explain.

Take a moment. Read. Focus on what's important.

I think about things from a different perspective than most, and the results are reflective of that.

At caffe d'bolla, the tao of coffee is always about pursuing beauty, perfection

...and being associated with the pop culture lexicon on a podcast in a totally unrelated field explains it quite simply.

An excerpt from “DevOps, You Keep Using That Word…”—What Is DevOps? A Discussion And History"

Coté:
I see. Now you’re a … Do you go to some sort of local cofferteria? I don’t even know what they call those. Coffee shop? What’s your general selection criteria for going to a coffee place?

Andrew Clay Shafer:
I got ruined on coffee by going to a place in Salt Lake which … Everyone scoffs when you say there’s this really good coffee place in Salt Lake. But Salt Lake actually has this amazing coffee culture. Because of the underlying culture they don’t drink coffee so then as a reflex reaction to that there’s a lot of coffee, or a lot of really good coffee.

Coté:

Sounds like some business geniuses that they have. These folks don’t drink a lot of coffee, let’s open some coffee shops.

Andrew Clay Shafer:

Have you ever seen … I’m assuming you’re familiar with some Seinfeld episodes with the Soup Nazi?

Coté:

Sure.

Andrew Clay Shafer:

This guy is the coffee Nazi. He will … When he first opened he would not serve you coffee in anything but porcelain. You could not get coffee to go.

Coté:

BPA-free then.

Andrew Clay Shafer:

If you ask for milk or sugar in certain coffee he wouldn’t give it to you.

Coté:

I like this guy. Just black coffee. That’s my style.

Andrew Clay Shafer:

You could get milk in a latté obviously, but if you wanted to do the siphoned coffee and then you ask for milk he’s like, “No.”

Coté:

Right. He’s like the coffee has been prepared to perfection when I hand it to you. (emphasis added)

Andrew Clay Shafer:

That’s right. He buys the beans, he roasts the beans, he only buys enough beans to serve for two weeks at a time because after that they’re undrinkable.

Coté:

Wow.

Andrew Clay Shafer:

Exactly.

Coté:

Does this guy still exist?

Andrew Clay Shafer:

He does.

Coté:

Man, I got to go to that place.

Andrew Clay Shafer:

It’s great. If you ever end up at Mountain West Ruby Conference or one of these conferences in Salt Lake, go to caffé d’bolla. That ruined me for life. Now places like the Blue Bottle, whatever, a bunch of places people think are great in San Francisco, are pretty mediocre.

You really shouldn't have any other questions. If you do, this is a conversation that's best continued face to face.
I welcome you any time. Come, visit, enjoy a cup. :coffee: