Wega Espresso Machine

igualla

Sep 3, 2005
Mexico
Visit site
Does anybody have any input on the Wega Espresso Machines. I am looking to buy a one group, with grinder and filter included for just over 2 grand.
My cafe will also be a juice bar, so I think this should be big enough to service the demands......I hope!
Thanks for any advise.
:?

Wega are built by CMA, the company that also builds Astoria, San Marino etc. The Wega one group is probably similar to the CKX/CKXE that I sell here in Indonesia. From memory they look exactly the same - stainless steel body, optional tank etc. My coments would be check what kind of pump the Wega has. Generally CMA fits out the smaller machines with a vibration pump- unless the distributor specifically asks for a small rotary pump to be installed. The difference in $$ is very little, but the quality of espresso is, in my opinion, noticeably different. The vibration (or membrane) pump works by a flap in the pump box pushing water through to the group head, via the boiler. Pressure is not constant, the average being 9bar, but the lows being 7, the highs 11. With the rotary pump model delivery is at a constant 9, and if not it is very easy to adjust the pump.

All in all the CMA CKX (Wega) is a reliable machine. It has teh same group head as the more expensive commercial models. It does have a noticeably smaller boiler- but ample enough for home use and probably for your juice bar. In Indo, with the cost of electricity and the strange electrical fit-outs for shops and malls, the CKX is quite popular for smaller cafes and restaurants. The only problem we have here with them is if the cafe bypasses the water filter (dont ask why!). Then we have ad cases where the filter prior to entry into the pump unit has become blocked with mud, bits of stone and....rat hair!!!!
:shock: :shock:

I would say, depending on the type of grinder being included in the deal, that this is quite a good bargin.

igualla

Sep 3, 2005
Mexico
Visit site
Thanks

Thanks for your helpful reply! I could have the same issues as you do, as my place of business is in Mexico! I think we would have some common problems, as I've spent a lot of time in Indonesia.
I will check out the pump question.