What are the best ways to promote/ pitch a coffee brand from overseas to coffee shops

Leung863

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,

i am a distributor for an established specialty coffee brand from Overseas but I am new in the industry. I am wondering for all the coffee shop owners or there, what is the best way to contact or let you try my coffee? I am happy to give out samples of course and build a personal relationship . Should I search for their emails online and just reach out to them? I would like to drop off samples at all the coffee shops but I worry that the owner isn't there and I don't know if leaving samples of my contact info will be effective enough. Thank you so much in advance! I am new and just need some direction to get started.

JoanneFraser

Jul 13, 2020
California Woodside
Visit site
Interested in this thread, because I'm gonna launch a new business. I want to open a franchise and I'm looking for the best coffee. I think it's okay to risk and take advantage of buying a local in the center of the city, they are cheaper now. I want to give a chance to new entrepreneurs, so I'm open to new collaborations. Now, I'm working to promote my business through Social Media. The collaboration with digital marketing san diego is a productive one. A young team with such creative ideas. They prepared a nice video for promotion on Instagram, Facebook and other platforms.

Last edited:

almico

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Coffee is becoming more and more a local business. There are still some big hitters in the wholesale business, but they lean heavily on equipment sales and service. But with small micro roasters popping up everywhere and offering very fresh coffee, the big guys are losing market share little by little.

kaniz

Oct 7, 2020
Bangladesh
Visit site
There are a number of ways that boutique and independent coffee shops can grow, ... People go out of their way for great coffee and if you are one of five coffee shops in your ... you must ensure that your front line is positioned to promote repeat business ... and time-consuming it can be to build and start a brand-new shop.

Mastergoden

Oct 26, 2020
Visit site
I suggest taking a look at advertisers in the country you're looking to expand into. In the United States, that'd be Sprudge, Fresh Cup Magazine, Roast Magazine, and a few other smaller players. Once you've bought some ad space, make sure you have a nice website that's optimized to earn your visitor's attention -- be bold, unique, and don't play down your unique value proposition.

I also think there's a lot of untapped opportunity in creating online communities as a customer acquisition channel.