What Brand Espresso Machine?

debilou

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Please advise me which machines are good and which aren't....

Consider Delonghi 3200, Saeco Vienna Deluxe, Spidem Trevi Digital Plus,

Davec

Oct 18, 2006
Old England (UK)
Visit site
debilou said:
Please advise me which machines are good and which aren't....

Consider Delonghi 3200, Saeco Vienna Deluxe, Spidem Trevi Digital Plus,

OK....err none of those are good, but then no bean to cup is good, unless for some reason you have to have a bean to cup machine.

debilou

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Which Machines

Ok, Please advise me on the best machines and brand/models that I should consider. Strictly for personal home use. Probably on a daily basis, only 4 to 6 cups a day....Don't want to make a big investment but a good long term one....

Out of curiousity, why are the bean to cup machines a bad choice..Husband needs to leave on the run sometimes and wants coffee to go in a hurry...

Davec

Oct 18, 2006
Old England (UK)
Visit site
Re: Which Machines

debilou said:
Ok, Please advise me on the best machines and brand/models that I should consider. Strictly for personal home use. Probably on a daily basis, only 4 to 6 cups a day....Don't want to make a big investment but a good long term one....

Out of curiousity, why are the bean to cup machines a bad choice..Husband needs to leave on the run sometimes and wants coffee to go in a hurry...

Expobar Office Pulser...good machine, cheap simple and makes decent coffee. Probably the cheapest HX machine you can get. Alternatively Nuevo Simonelli Oscar, not as good as pulser, but pretty sure available in US.

Bean to cup machines are a method of turning decent coffee into crap, they invariably don't brew hot enough, so the shots are sour. The internal grinder is very poor quality. Shots are usually extracted via a pressurising system to try and simulate crema and shot times are variable to say the least. The machines don't last very long and breakdown frequently!

You need to make time for a decent coffee...if he needs to rush of quickly use a teabag or instant coffee....certainly be as good as anything you get from a bean to cup.

shikinr

Nov 8, 2006
Singapore
Visit site
Good, cheap, coffee machines

I could recommend you this coffee machine that is below $50 and it has a lot of great customer reviews. It is the Black & Decker coffee maker with travel mug. I find this useful if you need a coffee drink on your way to work.

But since you said that you drink at least 4-6 cups, i suggest you get the Braun KF600 coffee maker, but it is less than $100. A bit pricey for a coffee maker.

Ii'll check back and see if i can find more.