🔥 Hot! What Coffee did you drink today?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 14, 2010
Coffee Country, USA
Visit site
Felt this would be a cool thread to start where we can report in and talk about whatever coffee we drank on the particular day. Today I had me some Cafe Bustelo, kind of my normal go-to.

What about yall?

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
This morning it was 8 day post roast Yemen Mocca Hajjah I took to the usual full city range. Stopped at 4 double ristrettos, but each one continued to improve with finer grinding and I really should've kept going until 7-8 extractions. Simply too good to stop! Been tweaking my roasting a bit as I recently changed to a drastically different heat source for it and just dialing things in to find the sweet spot temp/time wise. Definitely getting there though and quite impressed thusfar.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 14, 2010
Coffee Country, USA
Visit site
This morning it was 8 day post roast Yemen Mocca Hajjah I took to the usual full city range. Stopped at 4 double ristrettos, but each one continued to improve with finer grinding and I really should've kept going until 7-8 extractions. Simply too good to stop! Been tweaking my roasting a bit as I recently changed to a drastically different heat source for it and just dialing things in to find the sweet spot temp/time wise. Definitely getting there though and quite impressed thusfar.

Thank you for the detailed review!

froze

Top Poster Of Month
May 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't get fancy with exotic coffee's, but today I made Bosnian coffee using pre-ground...gasp, called Zlatna Dzezva found at my local international grocery store.

Before any of you laugh, I have had real-made Turkish coffee by Turkish people, and there is no discernable taste difference between the "real" fancy stuff vs what I make, but that's because they use the same damn coffee I use! They also use the Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi brand, my local grocery store used to carry it but they're out of it now, but it doesn't taste any different than the Slatna does.

I mix my coffee styles up during the week.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Definitely nothing wrong with buying/using what YOU like as at the end of the day that's what counts. I don't buy 'exotic' coffees by any means and simply source quality greens in bulk to roast like I want/expect. FWIW there are some in this crazy world spending upwards of a few hundred dollars per pound for some green coffees and that's not on lame advertised overpriced stuff like luwak, kona or Jamaican.

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
I've been enjoying a cup (or two) of the HEB Pecan Coffee lately, which my wife introduced me to and has become her favorite.

heb-pecan-coffee.jpg

We get it from our local HEB, but I noticed they are available through Amazon now as well. https://amzn.to/40DyRWp

froze

Top Poster Of Month
May 14, 2012
Visit site
In my neck of the woods it's usually referred to as pee-can.... and usually in a sarcastic manner of making fun of northerners calling it pee-con!
The internet spells it for pronouncing it's puh-kahn which is mostly southern or pee-kahn which is Native American. Most people that pronounce it as Pee-can are actually on the East coast. In the puh-kahn, pee-kahn, and pee-can is pretty much intermixed across the US, thus there is no bad way of saying it, though an English teacher I had in middle school back in the 70's said pee-can is totally bad grammar...take it for what it is.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
The internet spells it for pronouncing it's puh-kahn which is mostly southern or pee-kahn which is Native American. Most people that pronounce it as Pee-can are actually on the East coast. In the puh-kahn, pee-kahn, and pee-can is pretty much intermixed across the US, thus there is no bad way of saying it, though an English teacher I had in middle school back in the 70's said pee-can is totally bad grammar...take it for what it is.
Honestly it makes no difference to me as I've been living profoundly/permanently deaf for 4.5 yrs now. You should see the reactions I get when others see me speak in a Spanish/Italian/Greek dialect and do it being deaf...

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Now, what about potato? :)

🥔
Growing up I was around some seriously southern 'folk' and it was a tater or even pertater depending on how many teeth were missing, bwahaha... Thing is for a long time I have questioned most of the garbage we were all led to believe growing up. Who's to say what should be considered proper or profane? Basically amounts to government/society control on pretty much every level.