What coffeemaker am I thinking of?

Kudzu

Dec 5, 2014
Pawleys Island, SC
Visit site
Some while back, I saw a coffeemaker mentioned favorably in this forum. I believe it purportedly simulated pour over brewing, maybe into a Chemex carafe. When I saw it, I intended to investigate further, but now can't find it. The closest thing to my memory I can find is the Chemex Ottomatic. Can anybody offer any other suggestions?

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Topher loves is Ottomatic and I love my Bonavita. The Bonavita is designed for use in their thermal carafe or you can use any type of pour-over device (Chemex/Hario) - whatever will fit under the shower head. They make two models that look very similar so be aware. There is one where the coffee basket hangs like a normal coffee brewer. The one with flexibility has a basket that sits on the brewer (or insert pour over).

Kudzu

Dec 5, 2014
Pawleys Island, SC
Visit site
Topher loves is Ottomatic and I love my Bonavita...
Thanks, Musicphan! I am familiar with the Bonavitas. In fact, I have recommended them to two people who bought them on my suggestion, and both are very satisfied. I am still using daily an old Technivorm bought back when it was the only coffeemaker certified by the SCA (SCAA back then). It will probably outlast me, so I was just curious about whatever it was I had seen mentioned.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I stopped making coffee at home after my Moccamaster was stolen. My wife bought me the ottomatic and I swear by it. I am now enjoying coffee at home again. I do also enjoy the Clever dripper.

Kudzu

Dec 5, 2014
Pawleys Island, SC
Visit site
I stopped making coffee at home after my Moccamaster was stolen. My wife bought me the ottomatic and I swear by it.
topher, I have come to think your post about your Ottomatic, in the thread "Best Drip Coffee Maker," is exactly what I was trying to remember. I think you and Musicphan have solved my quandary.

Simona

Jun 29, 2022
New York
Visit site
I love coffee especially in the morning. There are about 50 producing countries in the world. All of them are located in the tropical zone - this is due to favorable conditions for growth. The world leader in coffee production is, of course, Brazil. Plus, it's the cheapest here. The second place in terms of cultivation is occupied by Indonesia, the third - by Colombia.