What do you drink your coffee IN or FROM? Looking for coffee mug recommendations.

OakIris

Feb 19, 2016
Colorado
Visit site
Not sure if this is the proper forum in which to post this, but there isn't a forum devoted to "Accessories" and, though a drinking vessel of some sort is somewhat essential for the enjoyment of the results of the brewing process, I wasn't sure that a mug could be considered coffee "equipment." I am kind of surprised that such discussions don't come up more often, but other than some threads about what cups to buy and use in a coffee shop, there doesn't seem to be much out there.

I am in the market for a new coffee mug, and though I plan to use it primarily at home, I may need to get a travel mug of some sort. I like to drink my coffee at least warm, if not hot. I work at home - phone work, but, luckily, not cold-calling sales - and it is often a long time between sips. Needless to say, it doesn't take long for the coffee to cool down; I still drink it even when it is cold, but that isn't the way to treat a good cup of coffee! I can of course transfer the coffee to an insulated carafe and bring the carafe with me, but my fellow-coffee drinker probably wouldn't appreciate me hogging the coffee, so an insulated cup seems to be the answer.

So, I need a mug/cup/tumbler with a lid, insulated to keep the coffee hot for at least an hour - two would be nice. (Maybe I just need a mini-thermos!) I prefer ceramic or glass mugs, would like to have a handle on it , though the "tumbler-type" is OK if it is insulated. A stainless steel travel cup would be OK as long as it doesn't lend its taste to the contents. ( And it would be quite nice if it were NOT made in China; too many unknown additives in Chinese goods, even if you only believe an eighth of the reports about the toxins to be found even in things that are supposed to be edible, lol.)

I have been looking at double-walled ceramic mugs with silicone lids, that sort of thing. Lots of choices out there, but not many reviews. My budget is around $25.00.

Please let me know what you use, what you recommend, and, if possible, where this magic cup can be found for sale. :)

Holly

OakIris

Feb 19, 2016
Colorado
Visit site
Apparently no interest in this subject. All the care folks take to make their coffee, but apparently even a paper cup with which to drink it will do. :p Back to my google searches go I.

Holly

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
how about this one?
I am in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala currently and in the morning, it is about 33F to 37F. So, before I pour my coffee into my very cold mug, I have to warm up the mug first.
so, probably, this temp gauge mug might be nice here. and it is $25 in Amazon
1.jpg