What do you like to EAT with your coffee?

leasmom

Apr 2, 2006
MI
Visit site
Just a simple thing...

I like a piece of healthy wheat toast with some margarine and drink it and thats a perfect or I'll have it with eggs and sausage or bacon. I drink coffee mainly in the morning and occasionally in the afternoon.

equus007

Apr 4, 2006
Austin, Tx
Visit site
food 4 thought

Breakfast Tacos, chorisso, anything super spicy and tex-mex. Most go for the sweets but Sugar for breakfast never really appealed to me.

Afternoon-breakfast tacos,
Dinner-breakfast tacos
midinght snack-breakfast tacos

whfite

Oct 28, 2004
Florida
Visit site
Gadzooks! If you are willing to eat bacon, eggs, and sausage why the heck would you settle for margarine on your toast?

Margarine is the Sanka of spreads....

desert rose

May 9, 2006
Visit site
I like to eat croissant with my coffee and other types of pastries, I don't usually eat something sweet with my coffee because the sugar in it kills the taste of the coffee.. :)

mrgnomer

Jan 22, 2006
Canada
Visit site
cuppED said:
Hey everyone,
I'm new here, just wanted to say hi and just wanted to post something and this is all I could think of. What does everyone eat with their coffee, muffins, biscotti, bagel, cakes, etc? I personally like pound cake.

Hazelnut rolls, Sachertorte with whipped cream, biscotti, eclairs...these are a few of my favourite things :grin:

mrgnomer

Jan 22, 2006
Canada
Visit site
unit_number_43 said:
you have to pair the coffe with the foods. What kind of coffee do you drink?

Espresso. One good blend I like is 3 parts Nicaraguan, 2 parts Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, one part Sulawesi and a 1/2 part aged Sumatran or an Indian Robusta for crema, spice and a little kick.

unit_number_43

May 8, 2006
Pennsylvania
Visit site
mrgnomer said:
Espresso. One good blend I like is 3 parts Nicaraguan, 2 parts Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, one part Sulawesi and a 1/2 part aged Sumatran or an Indian Robusta for crema, spice and a little kick.

hrm... try something with spice like cinnamon rolls or maybe an oatmeal raisin cookie.

pUnky_mOnkey_koffEE

Jun 10, 2006
USofA
Visit site
Hummm... I'll eat nearly anything with coffees... Anything from pizza to salad...
BUT when I'm at a coffee shop I don't usually eat with my coffee.
A good compliment to coffee, in my oppinion, is a chocolate chip cookie. 8) OH! And chocolate chip cookies with whole coffee beans in it. Yumm!
Cheesecakes are good too.

unit_number_43

May 8, 2006
Pennsylvania
Visit site
I find that taking the smallest flavor hint and pairing that with a food that encapsulates that flavor really brings the coffee to life. but with your blend it's kind of hard to say. A slight spice is usually a safe bet with any asian/pacific coffee... but you may also want to try something with a nutty flavor. Like banana nut bread. To give you a deffinitive answer I'd really have to taste the coffee.

There's a women I work with that puts espresso grounds on her cream cheese danish. I think she's insane, but apparently she likes it.

coffeetology girl

Jun 12, 2006
Manila
Visit site
Aside from the usual pastries, I love eating potato chips with sour cream and bacon bits with coffee. It is actually perfect pair for coffee because unlike sweet patries that alter the taste of coffee, potato chips allows you to still taste the truest essence of your coffee :) Try this pair while watching a movie and I am sure you will enjoy it.