What do you like to EAT with your coffee?

cuppED

May 15, 2005
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I'm new here, just wanted to say hi and just wanted to post something and this is all I could think of. What does everyone eat with their coffee, muffins, biscotti, bagel, cakes, etc? I personally like pound cake.

Organic strawberries - ones that taste like something. They are a nice complement to the 2 double shots that start my day.

At work, Mike and Ike candies go well with the Colombian Supremo. I find the complete lack of any nutritional value in filling-pulling fruit-flavored candies brings out the decadent fruit of a high grown Colombian.

In the evening with a Turkish Roast Decaf, I like roasted garlic on lightly toasted French bread. You need something like garlic to stand up to a dense, intense Turkish Roast.

Before bed, I go back to to the espresso machine (Isomac Millennium) and pull a couple shots of decaf, add some steamed milk for a Machiatto and a few drops of Chambord. This goes really will with clam strips.

Hooligan

Mar 30, 2005
Maynard, MA
Visit site
I like to have a really tart lemon jelly bean after an espresso. The sweetness and tartness really counter-balance the bitterness of the espresso.

Other then that thought, give me a currant scone with a straight up cup of joe any day.

Hooligan

Mar 30, 2005
Maynard, MA
Visit site
^I use coffee in my chili sometimes. Coffee makes hot food hotter. I don't know why, but if you really like spicy food then try it with a coffee. I think you will find that it seems spicier.

redmoose

Aug 18, 2004
Visit site
i like theese orange and chocolate chip scones my mom makes. one with a cup of coffee and you think you died and went to heaven. also biscotti is good. when i have coffe its usually one cream and one sugar. but i will drink it black when i have a good piece of chocolate cake or pie. directions: take a bite of cake or pie then imediatly wash down with hot coffee.

its stinkin awsome