What is appropriate price for used Buckeye coffee roaster?!

deadXgreg

Oct 3, 2020
Visit site
Hey all,
I have an opportunity to purchase an Arizona Plus roaster made my Buckeye Coffee roasters. What is the current asking price. Also any info that can be provided as far as price, quality, or anything else it would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Hankua

Nov 11, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Visit site
Check out the related threads on this site, the current prices on Buckeye, eBay, and a craigslist search engine. Not to mention seeing the used machine in person while it is roasting a batch.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Greg...glad to see you finally post. Can you post the pictures you have of the roaster? Well we will have to wait till you have 5 posts then you can post pics ;)

deadXgreg

Oct 3, 2020
Visit site
topher, sure thing! Going in to check it out and roast a batch with the current owner this week. Will take some more pictures, then post em.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Greg - pay attention to the features and see if they know when it was purchased. I know as Buckeyes business has grown they have changed some features on the roasters (although not knowledgeable enough to know which feature changed). And just for awareness... Buckeye is an importer vs. manufacturer. Similar situation to Mill City Roasters... they are rebadged (and improved) North roasters.

deadXgreg

Oct 3, 2020
Visit site
Greg - pay attention to the features and see if they know when it was purchased. I know as Buckeyes business has grown they have changed some features on the roasters (although not knowledgeable enough to know which feature changed). And just for awareness... Buckeye is an importer vs. manufacturer. Similar situation to Mill City Roasters... they are rebadged (and improved) North roasters.

Thanks for the info!! I'll take note of the features and share for anyone else intrested.

deadXgreg

Oct 3, 2020
Visit site
Forgive if i used improper terminology on features, roaster has port to hook up computer for profiles of temp/beans, gas regulator, air flow regulator, usual on/off and temp buttons.....doesn't seem to fancy, but enough to roast.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I forgot to ask. How are we doing this? I have an iphone we can facetime or I have an android we can use zoom or fb messenger to get your training started? You buy green yet? Hit me up once you get it and lets get you sorted. Wish I was able to fly out and do it in person...but it is what it is.

BEANPEACE

Nov 6, 2020
Visit site
The Arizona Plus roasters are at least 3-4 years old. The new price was $4999 (for the AZ 1.5 PLUS). If it is a gas model in really good shape It could go for as high as $3500. If it is electric I would be very cautious as these have issues after a few years. One way to check how well it has been taken care of is to ask the seller to lift off the chaff fan and send you pictures of the underside showing the squirrel cage. If not fairly clean I would avoid it.

deadXgreg

Oct 3, 2020
Visit site
The Arizona Plus roasters are at least 3-4 years old. The new price was $4999 (for the AZ 1.5 PLUS). If it is a gas model in really good shape It could go for as high as $3500. If it is electric I would be very cautious as these have issues after a few years. One way to check how well it has been taken care of is to ask the seller to lift off the chaff fan and send you pictures of the underside showing the squirrel cage. If not fairly clean I would avoid it.

Appreciate the info !!