What is”donut shop” coffee?

Cbalducc

Feb 1, 2019
Visit site
Is “donut shop” coffee a distinct style? I assume it’s a marketing ploy adopted by companies in response to the success of Dunkin’ Donuts coffee.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
Donut shop blends are usually knock off of Dunkin Donuts coffee... mainly Peruvian coffee.

I have both Dunkin' Donuts and Donut Shop coffees for the Keurig when I'm in a rush and I don't think they taste anything alike. I find Dunkin' Donuts to be watery and blah. I find Donut Shop coffee to be quite good, for a Keurig coffee.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I have both Dunkin' Donuts and Donut Shop coffees for the Keurig when I'm in a rush and I don't think they taste anything alike. I find Dunkin' Donuts to be watery and blah. I find Donut Shop coffee to be quite good, for a Keurig coffee.

I remember my Mother used to love making the Donut Shop coffee in her Keurig. She said it reminded her of the coffee that they have at Dunkin Donuts. When she passed away a few years ago, my sister took Mom's Keurig machine to her house. I regret never trying the Donut Shop coffee when I had the chance. Oh well, I'm sure I will someday.

~ Rose

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
I remember my Mother used to love making the Donut Shop coffee in her Keurig. She said it reminded her of the coffee that they have at Dunkin Donuts. When she passed away a few years ago, my sister took Mom's Keurig machine to her house. I regret never trying the Donut Shop coffee when I had the chance. Oh well, I'm sure I will someday.

~ Rose

It's available pretty much everywhere. Costco. Shoprite Supermarket. Amazon. It's made by Green Mountain Coffee Co. Best tasting Keurig coffee I've tried. The rest all taste like Ca Ca.

Scotto

Nov 19, 2020
Visit site
I was thinking "donut shop" coffee was the new donuts and coffee trend. Literally just regular coffee, but the coffee shop also sells lots of donuts.
YMMV