What is your experience with investors???

mcohveca

Aug 21, 2005
PA
Visit site
Hello all,
What has been your experience with finding investors?
Did you go through family? VC Firms? Angel Investors? SBA backed loans?
Just thought I would ask a question that wasn't asked often, but is one of the most important steps to starting a business!
What has been your experience?
Thanks,
Alex

Hey Alex, long time since I posted...have been flat tack (as you know :wink: ). My situation is vastly different from most posters on this forum. I am based outside the USA and outside my own country, where presently borrowing vast ammounts of dough is apparently no problem. Funding for us has come from a variety of sources. Much of the capital investment has been our own, with some outside investment from silent partners. Problem is currently we are under huge presure to grow much faster. To do this I will need an injection of quite a sum of $$$. Looking at my options the chances are I will get some more capital from some interested parties who will put money in without wanting too much say in the direction we take the company. Building a business is always a challenge huh? In teh beginning you need money, in the erly stages you need more, and as you grow you need even more :grin: !!! BTW our Irian Arabica is Jamaican BM stock...I should send you some greens huh.

mcohveca

Aug 21, 2005
PA
Visit site
Thanks Alun. No one ever said it would be easy, right?!!! :grin:
I couldn't imagine doing anything else. The glamour of owning your own company is a myth!
I would love to try the Irian that you mentioned! I'll take a 700lb. sample. Sound good?? :wink:
Could you send some background info on it as well?
Good to hear from you.

Alex

I will even throw in some Koteka for a sample deal like that :wink: YEah, you are right. At our end of the biz its long hours, hot and hard work...but I too would not trade it for anything. Had a group of 5 guests here last week and took them for a 3 day jaunt across Central Java. Just being out there, in the Villages and the farms really revitalised me. Showing the origin (although Java is strictly Coffee 101) gave me a buzz too. If you ever get a chance...drop on by