what machine to buy ?

Panda

Jun 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi .. new here .. we have a budget of stg250 and want to get a coffee machine primarily for latte/cappucino.

I think I understand that its better to grind beans as you want to use them rather than to buy ready ground coffee (we have been buying illy and lavazzo gold for our old, disfunction and generally useless Krups machine).

We are thinking of the Gaggia Synchrony (compact) but have heard quite a few bad things about Gaggia coffee machine products breaking down.

We only tend to have 2-3 cups a day each max (ie 4-6 cups per day total)

Any advice of best choices inside or around our budget would be welcomed .. thanks

Panda

Panda

Jun 13, 2005
Visit site
...also.. another friend suggested that the cimbali domus tronic (about stg500) is the best household mahcine going .. any thoughts ?

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
When it comes to Cimbali, only there commercial line is good. The domus tronic is cute but, compared to a Cimbali Junior its at the bottom of the ladder. Then again the Junior runs a few thousand and is out of the reach of many people's affordability!

robertj49

Jul 7, 2005
Visit site
Spidem divina

I just got a Spidem Divina. It's the cheapest superautomatic at just under $600, and seems to have all the needed features including a bypass doser for preground coffee. The innards seem to be similar to the Saeco line, but it is several C's less expensive. (check out 1st-line.com)
Let us know!!