What permits are needed for portable coffee stand vs. permanent location?

MaryACushing

Jan 29, 2016
Grants Pass, Or
Visit site
Hello everyone! Mary here from Grant's Pass Oregon (yes I literally live down the road from Dutch Bros. corporate office). My employer is opening some drive thru's in Arkansas area this summer and I could use some help/advice on a couple questions.
Navigating the government sites is giving me a migraine. What permits are required for our "trailer"? We will be participating in fairs and festivals and was wondering if we needed additional permits and if so would we need to apply for a "temporary" permit from the health department every time?Does anyone here have experience with operating a drive thru AND trailer?
TIA,
Mary
:decaf::roll::decaf::roll:

sidg

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Your best bet is to call the City Clerk in one of the areas you plan on setting up in and ask for their permitting process. It doesn't mean that every location will be the same but it will at least give you an idea of what is necessary in the state.
I'm almost 100% positive that you will need multiple permits for different locations as well as separate permits for the drive through and the trailer. Health department will permit both units separately and you could need a vendor permit in each location as well as a business license in each location.
Good luck in the adventure.

Latest posts