what should I do................................

luxin119

May 8, 2006
Visit site
My mom always has the dream of opening her own coffee shop because her parents had one when she's very young. I love the idea and we talk about it a lot as a future fantasy after she retirement.

The only problem is none of us had the real experiences in coffee business. She works in travel agency for 25 years and I am an account manager in import business now.

I was told that the best way is work for a coffee shop for at least couple of monthes to get the hand-on experiences and an idea of this business. I agree. But my current status in USA could only allow me to work for my current employee. It makes me impossible to even get a part-time job @ weekends.
I still have 3 more years need to stay in the States, and I really want to invest some time to get to know coffee business here.
What should I do.................

oh, maybe, does anybody here need a hard-working, fast-learning volunteer with good customer skills for his/her shop in New Jersey? I have worked as a weekend hostest in a 134 seats Chinese dine in restuarant for a year. You can just pay me by offering free coffee/food in your shop or gift card something....What I want from you is only a coffee shop experience...
well, i guess this "job-hunting" ad. may not work well, just recalled my senior year, it was so hard even to get a non-paid internship in NJ. :lol:

luxin119

May 8, 2006
Visit site
:)

really? smiling is the hardest thing? do the customers give them hard time or what?
i am always smile. From the experiences I know even the toughest customer will eventually smile you back. And after you left the place, they will remember you as "the girl who always smile" :) i