What's in your coffee?

marketinggremlin

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Ok, as soon as I'm done hurling I'm gonna finish posting my comment lol...so help me get this, am I to understand that pre-ground coffee has these extra additives, but beans do not? I mean if they are kept out of the beans that we get and grind ourselves why can't they keep them out of the beans before they grind them for us? Wow I'm new to this forum lol...what a welcoming post lol!!

marketinggremlin

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Short side note...I just figured out, I think, how to comply with the rules about including my URL in a post...fact that it has to be in my profile but NOT in my signature...but I didn't 'get' it until after I posted my previous message...all that to say please don't yell at me I figure it out :) I realize that the URL was pulled regardless by a higher power but I'm sure there would be scolding to follow, but now we can avoid all that :) thanks!!!

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
So, back to cockroaches...

Ummm, Chef? I think there's a bug in my soup -

(Image of roaches in soup edited out due to the nausea I've endured just looking at it. Ugghhh!)

Yeh, grind your own, LOL.

jlyon10

Super Moderator
Feb 16, 2007
Clemmons, NC
Visit site
They may be in roasted beans or green beans too but at least if you are roasting them or grinding them you should be able to eliminate the roaches before you grind or roast. In a big operation, bugs could get in the grinder without any one noticing.

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMDAuanBn.jpg

I took this with my blackberry. It's my office's Grind and Brew machine.. and that is 100% case in point.

I printed this photo out and taped it on the machine to warn unsuspecting crappy-coffee drinkers... my work took down the sign and the people who run the machines put a roach-hotel in the bottom and called it a day.

ugh.. gross.